PDA

View Full Version : In search of truth

Rafnul
11-28-2003, 04:40 PM
I'm bored, I'm tired, and I have things I want to say. I know what you're thinking: "Put this in Think Tank". My intention is not to create a topic for debate, rather to speak my mind... anyway...

We've all looked back on our lives before(some of us with more to look upon than others) and wondered about the value of the past. Our pasts tend to reflect what we will do in the future, and know who we have been doesn't always give us much hope. There is something more to this life, this existence, than our actions, our possessions, and our words. Many of us live life simply surviving, letting life take over our will. We live life for the "present", and there is no logical direction to take ourselves.

No matter what we strive for in this world, in seems it will eventually become completely irrelevant. No matter how much we gain, how successful we are, it will all be lost to us in death. So then, what purpose can we give our life? Some would say none, and they are, at least in some sense correct. Giving your life a purpose that relates to life is clearly without use. The truth of the matter is, the only purpose of any value is one that transcends death. This is why so many people flock to various religions in our world. They are trying to fill the gap of purpose into eternity.

To many, these religions seem clearly false. To them it is more accurate to assume there is nothing after death. Therefore, any purpose that transcends death is udder stupidity.

There is, of course, another choice. There are a few among us that choose to not care either way, probably the majority among us if the truth be told. It is these people that have the biggest struggle contemplating future action, and yet the entire process is simplified for them. The only available option for these people, if they want a purpose, is to follow truth. Search for truth in everything, search for the drive behind it. We all lie to ourselves in some way or another, time constrains us and we have to lie in order to do anything with our lives. What if, instead, we found a way around these contraints, found what we were really looking for?

We all have the choice to be individuals. We have the choice to live as who we are, and do what we truly feel should be done. Yet there is a strong society which governs our actions, and we often feel that action contrary to this society is doomed to failure. I'm here only to tell you that when you follow yourself, trust your intuition, will you ever attain any lasting happiness. It might be neccessary to simplify your life to achieve this goal. Many the things we feel we need in the present will be completely useless to the future. If you think about what the future needs, about what you want to give the future during the present, then you can achieve your happiness.

The closer you follow yourself, the truth within yourself, the happier you will be.

TheGeepster
11-28-2003, 05:06 PM
A wise man once lamented repeatedly that All is vanity!

That includes pleasures of various sorts, wealth, power, popularity, wisdom, intelligence, religion, hard work for its own sake.

Not that any of these things are bad in and of themselves, but they really don't answer the question to the purpose of life. Most of you are perfectly aware that I think that only in God (the Most High God of Israel) can you find the purpose of life, and a satisfaction which is not the fleeting satisfaction other things are limited to.

Anyways, that's just my thought. (Welcome to debate within Think Tank or the religion forum...)

Rafnul
11-28-2003, 05:36 PM
I'm confused... did you read what I wrote? I'm telling people to follow the truth within themselves. For you, that truth may be your faith, I'm looking at something universal here.