PDA

View Full Version : Happy Thanksgiving!!

Foxy
11-26-2003, 09:01 PM
Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!! I know it's not until tomorrow, but we'll be busy all day and I wanted to give my extended family all the well-wishes I possibly could before you're all too stuffed with food to get online. ;)

I hope and pray that you all have a very safe, very filling, and very thankful day tomorrow. Have lots of fun!!

Also, I would love to hear one thing that each of you is thankful for. So...I'll go first. I'm thankful for the chance to have a son and know that kind of undying love. I'm also thankful for my wonderful husband, whom knows me better than anyone and treats me so well. And for my family and friends, without whom I wouldn't be able to live. ;)

*hugz* to everyone! Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!! :D

Melonhead
11-26-2003, 09:04 PM
Curses!
I was waiting until 12:01 to post this thread.
Oh well, happy thanksgiving to you too!:D

linkofzelda1
11-26-2003, 09:09 PM
Happy thanksgiving! The one thing I'm thankful for is my family. I do not know what I would/could do without them. They're the best.

gdorf
11-26-2003, 09:20 PM
Happy thanksgiving!

I am obviously thankful for my family more than anything, but I think I am going to add some variety to this thread and talk about somehting else. I am thankful for the next 4 days to sleep in. I've been exhausted lately, and I'm looking forward to some much-needed rest.

Also, this thread marks the beginning of my thanksgiving fasting. I won't eat anything from until dinner tommorrow night. ;)

Melonhead
11-26-2003, 09:23 PM
Why would you fast?
If it's so you can eat more, your wrong. You need to keep the stomach stretched out, while not getting too stuffed.

gdorf
11-26-2003, 09:42 PM
http://www.active.com/story.cfm?story_id=9520

Skipping breakfast, lunch, or both on feast day may actually increase the calories we consume. In several experiments, researchers have shown that people who skimp on lunch or breakfast tend to make up for the lost calories by eating more than usual at the next meal.

My stomach isn't going to shrink after missing a couple meals :rolleyes:. It would take much longer for me to actually notice a difference. For instance, This summer I was able to eat ten pieces of pizza, something I would normally never do, after fasting for 48 hours.

I am thankful for people who don't pay any attention to the title title of the thread, and instead "correct" others with bullshit. :thumbsup:

But really, happy Thanksgiving everyone. My family is preparing deep-fried turkey. I've never tried it before, but from what I hear it is terrific. :)

Master Ghaleon
11-26-2003, 11:39 PM
Ill be stuffing my face with all kinds of good food and watching football ;)

Happy Thanksgiving!

~cydlet~
11-27-2003, 01:05 AM
among other things, i'm thankful that i've lived to see another birthday. :D

*b*
11-27-2003, 01:38 AM
Haphy Tucky Day - Robert Barone (Everybody Loves Raymond)

gotta love dem thanksgiving specials :rolleyes:

I'm thankful for my friends and family. yes, the old 'I'm thankful for...' standby, but it's true!

I can't wait for turkey and cranberry 'sauce' shaped like a can, and OLIVES!! Olives are my life-source :drool:

inori
11-27-2003, 03:28 AM
I'm thankful I remembered Thanksgiving at all. Since I didn't get the day off here, I had completely forgotten, until I was reminded in an e-mail from the States. :shrug:

Crazy_Link
11-27-2003, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by *b*
Haphy Tucky Day - Robert Barone (Everybody Loves Raymond)

I remember that one :laughing:

Well I have a lot to do... my family and I will be celebrating Thanksgiving at my aunt's house with other relatives. I have to be there at least by 8 in the morning, at 9 start cooking and ooohh I cant wait! :D

Ganonator
11-27-2003, 05:00 AM
I'm thankful we can meet in this place w/o oppresion.

Also, thankful that people are fighting to keep me safe from oversea's threats. And to my buddy Dan, who won't see this ever, don't get your ass blown away over in Iraq...

Gerudo
11-27-2003, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by inori
I'm thankful I remembered Thanksgiving at all. Since I didn't get the day off here, I had completely forgotten you and me both...

i work at a place where you work pretty much 24/7: a hotel... most places in Columbus are closed for the day, but i am lucky and scored teh day off... but i still dont get to do the 'turkey day' meal thing till saturday...

oh well, thats life... :thumbsup:

happy turkey day :)

Ultra22Lemming
11-27-2003, 09:41 AM
Happy Fat Turkey Day - Ultra22Lemming

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Jemsee
11-27-2003, 01:07 PM
TURKEY IN THE BARNYARD

Turkey in the barnyard, what does he say?
Gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble, gobble all day.
Turkey on the table, what do I say?
Yummy, yummy, yummy, yummy, yummy all day.
Turkey in my tummy, what do I say?
I ate too much on Thanksgiving Day!
http://www.alphabet-soup.net/hol/turkey2.gif

Happy TG everyone!

AlexMax
11-27-2003, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by inori
I'm thankful I remembered Thanksgiving at all. Since I didn't get the day off here, I had completely forgotten, until I was reminded in an e-mail from the States. :shrug:

Traitor. :blah:

Anyway, happy thanksgiving. I'm thankful for the fact that I'm in college and enjoying it so much and doing so well in it. I'm also thankful for my family, who has always been behind me every step of the way. And finally you guys, who have been my OMG good buddies since forever.

King Link
11-27-2003, 02:16 PM
Happy Thanksgiving, and enjoy the turkey!:D However, I won't, Thanksgiving has already been and gone here.

Yoshiman
11-27-2003, 03:17 PM
I'm thankful for everything I have. Family, friends, ect. I hope every one of you have a happy thanksgiving! I plan to eat as much as I can. :eat:

Clueless Blonde
11-27-2003, 05:20 PM
Yesh indeed, Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
Today, my brother, two sisters and I have been busy preparing our feast. *sillygrin* I can't wait - I'm starving!

I'm thankful for many, many things. I'm most thankful for my friends and family. My family is closer than most, and w/out them, I would be lost. I have very few friends, but the ones I do have, I hold very dear.

*grouphug* Have a wonderful day everyone!