PDA

View Full Version : Militia Level

popvee
11-26-2003, 08:43 PM
Hey what are the level stages of U.S. Militia in order?

For example:

Police
FBI
SWAT
etc etc etc...

inori
11-27-2003, 03:31 AM
I have to say, I don't understand your question at all, nor do I understand why you're asking. Is this some kind of homework assignment or something?

Pablo
11-27-2003, 04:32 AM
Google it. (http://www.google.com)

Master Ghaleon
11-27-2003, 09:06 AM
1. National Army -
Full-time. Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, Coast Guard.
Part-time. Reserves, National Guard.

2. State and Local Select Militia - But these are not "general" militias. They are paid and equipped by the State or by local governments. Full-time. State and local law enforcement officers.
Part-time. State Guard.

3. Obligatory Militia - Able-bodied male citizens of a certain age range, who are required to be kept organized and trained, but at their own expense. Age range is 18-44 for federal purposes, but states may establish other age ranges.

4. Volunteer Militia - Citizens not part of obligatory militia who voluntarily participate in activities of the obligatory militia, again at their own expense.

5. Ready Militia - The combination of (3) and (4) above, who would be called up after the armed forces and the regular militia, but who are also those likely to be first on the scene in emergency situations. It is not a "select" militia.

6. Reserve Militia - All other citizens, including children, the elderly, the less-able, and women, and perhaps foreign visitors as well, who might be called up after the ready militia, if needed.

Does this help?

Mercy
11-27-2003, 09:37 AM
Am I the only one that finds it the slightest bit creepy that a newblett's first post is asking about the structure of U.S. home defence?

m.

popvee
11-27-2003, 12:26 PM
um probaly because i wanted to start this topic and maybe not start all kinds of topics at once...

ok thanks Master

TheGeepster
11-28-2003, 04:47 PM
I wouldn't worry too much. Just knowing the set-up for militias won't be of much use to potential terrorists.

(It is a bit creepy though. At least we don't have a Domestic Security forum!)

Ich
11-29-2003, 09:45 PM
I'm thinking something like this:

New Recruit
Private Third Class
PSC
PFC
Sargent

Not sure after that.