PDA

View Full Version : Another thing the forum upgrade disturbed.

ShadowTiger
11-26-2003, 05:59 PM
Has anyone noticed, that ever since the forum was upgraded, the star system became unstable? People have been reaching milestones, but their stars haven't shown the results of that milestone.

I was supposed to reach my 4000th post's red series of stars, but that never happened. I thought that it was a unique case, because Moocow, who had only a few more posts than I, had her full red stars.

Does anyone know of any other cases with this problem?

Melonhead
11-26-2003, 06:02 PM
The weirdest thing is that moocow actually has less posts that you. Another thing I noticed is that avatars(mainly mine) are not displaying right in Mozilla.

ShadowTiger
11-26-2003, 06:03 PM
That is a good point, MH. I hope someone has noticed this. People may not think it's a bug, until they see this.

As for the avatars, I have Firebird, and I don't have a problem. :shrug:

Melonhead
11-26-2003, 06:06 PM
I just installed the new version of Mozilla today, but the problem persists.
Pretty much, if you look at my avatar, imagine that the end of the mouth is connected by a two pixel wide string across the opening.

Gerudo
11-26-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4
People may not think it's a bug, until they see this. it just involves going into the admin panel and correcting the minor mis-links for the images

ShadowTiger
11-26-2003, 06:21 PM
hmm.. Good idea. :) I'll try that! :kawaii:

* BH4 walks toward the chain link fence.
*BZZZT*
* BH4 Sizzles.

Well, that wasn't any sort of help. :eyebrow: :rolleyes:

* Cough *

Melonhead
11-26-2003, 06:31 PM
I went into my profile and changed my avatar, then changed it back. Now it renders correctly. Thank god computers are so consistent.:rolleyes:

Ganonator
11-26-2003, 06:47 PM
The funny thing was that a few people, ArmageddonT in particular, had no stars. Bummer of a birthmark, I know.

Just wait for Dad to get back, and he'll fix stuff up nice a dandy. We can only wait around 'til then.

Drunken Tiger
11-26-2003, 07:06 PM
Where did daddy leave to anyways??

ShadowTiger
11-26-2003, 07:12 PM
I saw him in a thread a while ago. He said.. that if anyone asks him where he was, .. he'd get banned.

Good ol' Shadowblazer. :shy:

Melonhead
11-26-2003, 07:36 PM
Someone using the name Shadowblazer has been in chat recently. I think that it's him, but I'm not 100% sure.

Ganonator
11-26-2003, 08:58 PM
I believe he's out finding us a new Mom. Either I'm not too certain, or I don't want to get banned. ;) I expected him back months ago. I guess this horrible thing called 'life' caught up with him. Scary.

Melonhead
11-26-2003, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Ganonator
I believe he's out finding us a new Mom. Either I'm not too certain, or I don't want to get banned. ;) I expected him back months ago. I guess this horrible thing called 'life' caught up with him. Scary.
I think he said in chat that the date is next year, but again, I barely remember because I was sick.
During his absence, he has become addicted to Evercrack, it seems.

Master Ghaleon
11-26-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4
Does anyone know of any other cases with this problem?

I know that I cannot look at ASWGL forum at all, unless I click the last post icon and look at that thread the poster replied too. I dont understand it at all.:confuse2:

inori
11-27-2003, 03:27 AM
Originally posted by Melonhead
I think he said in chat that the date is next year, but again, I barely remember because I was sick.
During his absence, he has become addicted to Evercrack, it seems.

I always thought that Daddyblazer was addicted to Evercrack long before he disappeared.

And as far as the star system, he said before he left that he'd hacked something in that showed people's stars at the moment he did the hack, but didn't update them properly. I'd dig it up, but I'm lazy.