PDA

View Full Version : Facet Of Worlds Beta 1.4

ShadowTiger
11-26-2003, 01:17 PM
Facet Of Worlds Public Beta 1.4 (http://filespace.brentdax.com/DragonBoy/FoW1p4.qst) is now released to the general public. It's not NEARLY done, and there's still a lot that needs to be done. And I didn't put those saw-horses anywhere, (Things that mark the edges of the beta.) So consider this an unfinished version of a demo. What's there is there. :shrug: I just wanted to take this chance to upload something while I can. Enjoy. :D

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

*b*
11-26-2003, 01:53 PM
be this the new name of Blade of Ages? well, whatever it is, I'm downloading :)

ShadowTiger
11-26-2003, 02:02 PM
*HEEHEE* Nope, Facet of Worlds was the quest I was designing after The Prophecy. I think it's STILL my largest-scale quest, as it IS pretty freaking big. I'm serious. The overworld is very large scale, as well as the worlds.

It's basically similar to Pratheous' Realms in Peril, which has 8 worlds, each with .. well.. stuff to do in them, and a different theme for each.

The first world's overworld isnt' completed, but the dungeon and boss more or less are. (But slightly buggy. Can't figure out how to fix it.)

And there's also .. um..some funky village. I like how that turned out. :) Not finished yet, but.. the downtown area will be nice. ;)

*b*
11-26-2003, 02:11 PM
well, it's cool anyway! though the trap in the second screen of the forest is easy to spot :shrug: And the shaft of light is kinda hard to recognize :(

ms_zelda_lady
11-26-2003, 03:33 PM
Could you have made getting a dagger any harder? Gee whiz do you think starting a quest with a few deaths is fun? I did manage to get the wizrobe so I hope the rest of your quest will be worth it. To all of you who try this quest out...Good luck you're going to need it.

ms_zelda_lady

ShadowTiger
11-26-2003, 04:15 PM
Yeah, I know. Sorry, the quest is slightly difficult. The WORST part, however, -is- that part. It's a dead, cold hard fact. The first thing I usually do, against the Mirror Robe, is move both blocks in the middle of the screen, up to give you more of a chance that his magic will hit him. OR, you can just leave them to give you more room to manuever in between his assaults.

ms_zelda_lady
11-26-2003, 05:33 PM
Is there more to this beta? I know I need to buy something in order to use the secret passage so I guess thats where I need to go next, right?

ms_zelda_lady

ShadowTiger
11-26-2003, 05:56 PM
Um.. Yep. :p You need to buy at least a bait, (That's what I always do, anyway, because somewhere around .. somewhere, there's a place where you give bait to a Goriya dude, and he gives you access to a bomb upgrade.)

So if you buy it, you can go. Sorry about the inconvenience. You really don't have to go there a lot anyway, and besides. Once you clear the end-world boss, (In front of the Blackrock Gem Entrance Screen.) you'll have access to a wonderful series of portals anyway. ;) :D

Ganonator
11-26-2003, 06:45 PM
:rofl: Insanorozes? sure.

yes, this quest is nice. Nifty, will you.

Now if I can just get past that giant dodongo and trap screen, I be happy. (or, just turn on cheats. I like that)

I'm actually pretty impressed with this beta. It will definitely be a final, and its well worth the test.

ms_zelda_lady
11-26-2003, 08:37 PM
:female: You were right about it getting easier after getting the wizrobe and I've managed to get to Castle K'aria and find the hidden staircase and I do have the Fire Diamond and I was going to ask you where to go next but I just figured it out.

ms_zelda_lady

P.S. To all those who have read my posts or have tried this quest....Don't get discourage in the beginning cause this quest is worth playing.

Freedom
11-26-2003, 09:34 PM
pretty impressive, but having a lot of problems.

Am I not supposed to be in the dark forest?
I died and got stuck between to waterfalls, had to shut it down.
went back died again and got sent to "test zone" this time, which gave me a sword and then stuck me in another wall, where a message said the dark forest was not accessable from there.
had to shut down again....

you wouldn't want to share a cheat to get me out of those walls would you?
sure would beat shutting it down and setting through those long strings again each time. :)

looks like it's going to be a great quest when finished and bug free.

Kry
11-26-2003, 09:59 PM
BH4 CHECK YOUR PM'S QUICK! EMERGENCY!!!

ms_zelda_lady
11-26-2003, 11:16 PM
:angry: :cry:
Huge bug in Lava Tunnels!!! Don't use continue or even save there or else you'll land in black screens unable to do anything more.
I had finished the castle and was on my way out and have lost my game. So much for seeing more.
Sorry Britannianhero4 but I'm not restarting this. It was nice what I saw and maybe in the future I'll be willing to redo it all but for tonight well....... If I knew a cheat I would be more willing to replay it.

ms_zelda_lady

ShadowTiger
11-27-2003, 09:06 AM
Oh. :) Sorry about all the continue errors. there's really no way to fix that, I suppose. But feel free to open the quest up on your own, (Password, might be glue. I don't remember.) And the L4 cheat is .. well.. 4. :shrug: Always remember that. It tends to be. ;)

ms_zelda_lady
11-27-2003, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the info. Its kinda odd that this happened because I had died previously in the Lava Tunnels and its started back fine.

ms_zelda_lady

ShadowTiger
11-27-2003, 11:19 AM
Oh. :) Then everything's alright then? :) Cool.

When you get the fire crystal thingy, burn the white bush to the east of Terin village. From there, try to head northeast to the Blackrock Gem. Good luck. :thumbsup: