PDA

View Full Version : survivor and other 'reality'

slothman
11-26-2003, 06:01 AM
I saw an ad for Survivor about a member losing their immunity. I realized that if I go through life without knowing how and why I would be sad but I would still be better off for not having to fill my head with Survivor. In any case what is you favorite, or favourite for you British people :D , reality show and what one do you want erased from the annals of history?

Goat
11-26-2003, 08:47 AM
There hasnt been a good one yet. Closest thing to a good one is Reno 911 and its fake.

inori
11-26-2003, 11:13 AM
Can we erase them all from the annals of history?

ShadowTiger
11-26-2003, 11:55 AM
You're listing my broken dreams, Inori. :rolleyes:

Reality shows are .. well.. interesting, to say the least. I remember that on MadTV, they had a sketch about a "Fake Show" that used real live actors to stage a false show dealing with regular, everyday people, but wouldn't be real. Real Scripts, a real set, and nothing set in a factual existence. The show would be a "smash hit" with the regular people..

I wish they would finally re-introduce that sort of show. :rolleyes: It's getting too far. "Joe Millionaire 2." How the hell don't people already know that he's not a millionaire. :eyebrow: Anyone who's on that show MUST be recruited, or immensely shallow-minded. :rolleyes:

Pity.

theplustwo
11-26-2003, 12:40 PM
That's why they had to go over to Europe to do it. Also, the only way to get Reality TV to stop is to not watch it. Same thing with spam mail and pop up ads. Don't use them. Like that episode of the Simpsons where all the giant commercial guys come to life, just stop paying attention to them and they'll go away. But sadly, there are way too many stupid people out there who keep watching reality tv while buying things from spam mail and clicking the pop up ads that result from the spam.

Feasul
11-26-2003, 12:58 PM
I liked the Joe Shmoe show. Cool concept. 9 actors and 1 real guy who actually believes it's a real reality show. You should watch it. Tuesday nights on TNN, uhh, I mean "Spike" TV. :)

TheGeepster
11-26-2003, 02:12 PM
Same thing with spam mail and pop up ads. Don't use them.

The problem with spam is that it isn't advertiser supported, and so I'm not sure ignoring it will make it go away. (90+% of people ignore it anyways.)

However, Reality TV is based on advertising revenue, and is susceptible to the Pratchett attack. (Stop paying attention and it will die.)

Ganonator
11-26-2003, 05:19 PM
SURVIVOR!!!oneoneone...

there were a lot of people this year who were so anti-survivor, you'd think they'd been on the show themselves and were voted out first; the funny thing about it was none of them had ever seen the show before! they had only heard it was lacking, and took that view themselves.

sooo...

I strapped all of my friends down to watch the first episode of this season. all of them liked it so much, that they manage to come over to my place every week to watch it. What a pity that you all think its so bad, when in fact, its some of the best television of our lives.

( On a side note, Joe Millionaire is a big pussified joke. A bunch of hoes fighting over some dick? OOOoooOoooo...

Melonhead
11-26-2003, 05:21 PM
3 words: Windy City Heat
EDIT: I got disoriented. I got back after posting and Ganonator's avatar had changed. Scared me for a second.

Ich
11-26-2003, 05:53 PM
The Bachelor makes a mockery out of the institution of marriage, and it disgusts me.

It was funny watching "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here" because they were all living in awful wet conditions. It was nice to watch rich people suffer.

Melonhead
11-26-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by ICHBINDASWALROSS
The Bachelor makes a mockery out of the institution of marriage, and it disgusts me.

It was funny watching "I'm a celebrity, get me out of here" because they were all living in awful wet conditions. It was nice to watch rich people suffer.
None of the people on that show were really that rich...
That show would have been cool if it had REAL celebrities.