PDA

View Full Version : Star Ocean 2, otherwise death...

Rijuhn
11-26-2003, 12:08 AM
Dude, my friend got a PS and Star Ocean The Second Story from a thrift story for $24. He wanted to finally beat Star Ocean 2 because when he had it 4 years ago one of the CDs got messed up so he never beat it.

Well after my friend beat Star Ocean 2 he sold the PS and the game to me for $15. So now I'm enjoying Star Ocean 2, the best Playstation RPG ever! It's so original and the skill system and all that is so cool.

You just gotta check out this game if you haven't already. The game is so dynamic because you can choose whether or not to do a lot of things and depending on your choice you can get different endings.

Star Ocean is made my Enix, but now that Square and Enix have become Square Enix prepare for Star Ocean 3....

Master Ghaleon
11-26-2003, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by Rijuhn
So now I'm enjoying Star Ocean 2, the best Playstation RPG ever!

Blah :blah:

Lunar all the way baby :tongue:

I never heard of this game, I'll keep an eye out for it. I gotta beat Xenosaga first :)

MottZilla
11-26-2003, 01:23 AM
It is a wonderful RPG. :O Much better than say, the FF psx games, in my opinion. I got it for free too. :O Authentic too.

deathbyhokie
11-26-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Rijuhn
Dude, my friend got a PS and Star Ocean The Second Story from a thrift story for $24. He wanted to finally beat Star Ocean 2 because when he had it 4 years ago one of the CDs got messed up so he never beat it.

Well after my friend beat Star Ocean 2 he sold the PS and the game to me for $15. So now I'm enjoying Star Ocean 2, the best Playstation RPG ever! It's so original and the skill system and all that is so cool.

You just gotta check out this game if you haven't already. The game is so dynamic because you can choose whether or not to do a lot of things and depending on your choice you can get different endings.

Star Ocean is made my Enix, but now that Square and Enix have become Square Enix prepare for Star Ocean 3....

80 some odd endings if i remember right. i also seem to remember what you need to get the eternal sphere(claude's best weapon next to the one in the secret dungeon)

jman2050
11-26-2003, 11:45 AM
Star Ocean 2 rules, period. It is a VERY underrated game, and so much better than just about every FF game in existence (with the POSSIBLE exception of FFVII). THe skill system rules, and the battle system is very addicting. What I like is that it is almost primarily focused on game play rather than story, while still retaining a good deal of character development via Private Actions. I don't play RPGs for story, so you can imagine that this is a good thing for me...

King
11-27-2003, 01:03 PM
SO2 is one of my favourite games. I like Valkyrie Profile more, though. :)

Master Ghaleon
11-27-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Mottzilla
It is a wonderful RPG. :O Much better than say, the FF psx games, in my opinion. I got it for free too. :O Authentic too.

Now how did ya pull that off :)

If I had a second job, I would wanna work at a best buy or target and work as an overnight stocker in the video game section. I could get my 5 finger discount on games :tongue: Im bad, thinking of ways to get games for free ;)

Ibis, God of Magicks
11-28-2003, 07:26 AM
Man, your preaching to the choir. I totally heart that game. But no one believes me when I tell them it is the shizzie. I've been playing that game for like three years. I just can't get enough.

gdorf
11-28-2003, 03:41 PM
It sounds cool, but with all this talk about Star Ocean 2, what system is Star Ocean 1 for? And, is it a good game as well? I definately want to try these out, I just don't want to miss out on anything by not playing the first before the second.

King
12-02-2003, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by gdorf
It sounds cool, but with all this talk about Star Ocean 2, what system is Star Ocean 1 for? And, is it a good game as well? I definately want to try these out, I just don't want to miss out on anything by not playing the first before the second.

Star Ocean 1 is for the Super Famicom. It's probably the largest 16-bit cart ever, due to all the voice acting that's included in the intro, and possibly in other parts of the game. You probably won't have to worry about continuity, so you could skip right to SO3. It's supposed to take place many years (like a few centuries) after SO2.