PDA

View Full Version : Did you enjoy my old quest, Trudatman.qst?

trudatman
11-25-2003, 07:17 PM
Just a quick poll to see if people enjoyed my old quest. It is Trudatman.qst, known as correctly as "Trudatman's Quest" and sometimes misnomered with the title of my new quest "HowHigh."

It was a modified-classic-tile style quest. It wasn't pretty, but it was fun for me to make and play. Was it fun for you?

Crazy_Link
11-25-2003, 09:02 PM
You really shouldn't go about wit these kind of posts... i mean you should introduce the quest to us again (because some of us dont have it)... but I prefer you upgrade it to 1.92 b182/3 and a better tileset like Pure, BS, or at least NewFirst... :shrug:

Just a question but, is that the over world map of it in ya sig?

Melonhead
11-25-2003, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Crazy_Link
You really shouldn't go about wit these kind of posts... i mean you should introduce the quest to us again (because some of us dont have it)... but I prefer you upgrade it to 1.92 b182/3 and a better tileset like Pure, BS, or at least NewFirst... :shrug:

Just a question but, is that the over world map of it in ya sig?
Yep.
See his other post.
I haven't had a chance to play, and won't for a while, but I'll PM you when I do.

plith
11-25-2003, 11:01 PM
Who are you?

Ganonator
11-26-2003, 12:28 AM
of course i remember trudatman.qst. It was horrible. True dat, man.

Give it a better tileset, get the dungeons to be the right color, and don't re-advertise. It wasn't that good to begin with.

-G

trudatman
11-26-2003, 04:04 AM
That's great that you hate it! It is pretty bad. It's a guilty pleasure that I should take up again. I haven't played it in years. Really I'm annoying for a bit to stir up some help with (or comments on) my significantly better quest. This is confused by my disability in naming quests; I only have two, and, in both cases of posts related to my quests, they've been misnomered. Anyway, thanks for the comments. Mmm... feedback... Hi, Plith.

Zelda_Warrior
11-29-2003, 09:01 PM
That quest sucked! It was one of the worst quests I played! The gamplay wasn't bad, but some of the MIDIS and colors and tiles were messed up and outdated. The gamplay still wasn't too hot eathier.

Crackers
11-29-2003, 10:37 PM
I'm just an average player, but when you make LV1 so hard it's not worth playing when you can't get any farther. I gave up on it.

trudatman
11-30-2003, 02:17 AM
I'm glad I went digging for disses on the classic-style quest. It makes me feel justified in saying that my second attempt at a quest -- a more aesthetic and functional game -- is much better. Those with no skills, however, will find this one hard as well.

Not making friends, but motivating myself to produce a good quest,

-Tru.

Crackers
11-30-2003, 06:44 PM
Making a quest hard does not make it better. Making a playable quest makes it better. I may only be an average player but I like to play these quests and still would like to play yours when it's ready. So, go for it, my two cents is worth just that, since I can't even make a quest. :)

Ielen
11-30-2003, 09:05 PM
I played your quest but got stuck. I agree with Crackers about making Lvl 1 too hard, it will make people stop playing it. This is based on my own experience when I released my quest Hyrule in Trouble & made it so difficult that people didn't like it until I started to tone down on the difficulty.

trudatman
11-30-2003, 09:47 PM
I agree that a quest should be playable, but by making the first few levels relatively hard keeps out bad players (no offense intended) that would just get really frustrated later when they couldn't figure out what to do. This is a quest where you have to pay attention, try strange things and battle hard. Thank you all for the comments, though. Feedback feeds the questmaker a powerful fuel.

Crackers
12-05-2003, 04:00 PM
I'ts too bad that your quest can only be played by good players and I bet they would have some trouble too. I would think that you would like everyone to play them but since that is not the case I will just have to pass, since I can't get past the first level which I guess must make me a bad player.

trudatman
12-05-2003, 06:33 PM
The real issue is that it is a terrible quest. It is minorly funny, but certainly not worth a third try. There is a walkthrough at a link from fourwalledworld.net/trudatman (http://fourwalledworld.net/trudatman.html) if you are inspired to conquer the quest, but, really, I'd just like to repeat that my newer quest, HowHigh, is a much better quest for version 1.90. Word.

Crackers
12-06-2003, 09:54 PM
I'm would like to try the howhigh qst. I downloaded the one in you sig. Is this the newest, 1.90 qst. or do I need to email you?

trudatman
12-06-2003, 09:56 PM
That'll do, thanks to a kind volunteer host!

Edit: Ooh... another vote for "You again? Go away, I hate you!"

Cool!