PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Tuesday!

theplustwo
11-25-2003, 11:02 AM
That's right, folks, it's the all new weekly Photoshop Contest, Photoshop Tuesday! :D

Unlike previous photoshop contests, where the contenstants were given a picture to edit, this new contest will merely specify a category, allowing the contestants to mangle any image they wish!

And now, to dispell a few myths:

Myth: You have to use Adobe Photoshop™ to enter.
You most certainly do not! Use whatever application you are most comfortable with, be it Paint, Flash, or anything else.
Myth: You must be an excellent image editor to enter
Again, just not true. But remember: the funnier your idea, the more your can get away with, image quality wise. And reversely, if you are very good at editng images, you can get away with a less humorous image.
Myth: You cannot enter more than one image
Nope. Go ahead, enter as many times as you want, but with each week's voting, you can only win one place (first second or third). If one person comes in more than one place, they will recieve honors for the highest place recieved, and the next runner up will recieve the following standing.

So remember, this is just for fun, the more submissions I get, the better the contest will be. And now, for this week's topic:

Bad Games

That's right, just mock up a Box, Ad, Disk, or Cartrige of any (non-existent) game which would be a horrible idea.

Any submissions can be either Private Messaged to me, or e-mailed (as an attachment) to [email protected] .

Have fun, and check back next Tuesday for the results and voting! :thumbsup:

Fiyerstorm
11-25-2003, 11:20 AM
I'll get to it right now...

I'm messing around with my photo editor at this very moment.(See sig)..

theplustwo
11-25-2003, 01:23 PM
Also, I am working on a new Photoshop Website (http://photoshop.theplustwo.com/) which will contain all the entries to the contest. :mega:

Raichu86
11-25-2003, 02:20 PM
OK, you've got my entry now.

theplustwo
11-25-2003, 02:42 PM
Okay, I guess I didn't specify this, but don't post your entries in this thread. The entries aren't supposed to be seen until the voting.

You can still always post that you entered, but don't actually display the image yet.

Just PM or e-mail ([email protected]) them to me.

Thanks.

Ich
11-25-2003, 06:18 PM
Submitted. I was toying around with an idea of "Michael Jackson's Pro Child Molester" but I couldn't execute it like I wanted to.

linkofzelda1
11-26-2003, 01:50 AM
If I were any good with any sort of program of that sort, I'd enter. But I'm not, so I'll have to take a Photoshop class and enter another contest later.

theplustwo
11-26-2003, 12:28 PM
Read the myths above. I'll quote myself for your pleasure...

Myth: You must be an excellent image editor to enter
Again, just not true. But remember: the funnier your idea, the more your can get away with, image quality wise. And reversely, if you are very good at editng images, you can get away with a less humorous image.

So enter already! Any images are welcome, be they made with Paint, Photoshop, Gimp, hell, you could even make an ASCII art picture with Notepad, for all I care. Just submit something! :D

Melonhead
11-26-2003, 04:56 PM
Maybe he's not funny. ;)

theplustwo
11-26-2003, 09:25 PM
Perhaps. Something he'll have to disproove by entering a hilarious entry. (Entering an entry?)

BTW, my entry is now complete :P

linkofzelda1
11-26-2003, 09:34 PM
Eh. I'll read the tutorials on PhotoShop and see if I can scrap something together. Keep in mind that I've never even touched the program before. :D

TheGeepster
11-26-2003, 10:31 PM
I'm so tempted to take a pic of the upcoming Pokemon game and submit it (you know, the one where you get to watch Pokemon watch TV? Yeah, that one.) I'll look around for the worst I can find though.

theplustwo
12-01-2003, 01:29 PM
Just make sure you get it submitted before the contest tomorrow. :D

Gerudo
12-01-2003, 03:24 PM
my craptastic entry has been pm'd to you

theplustwo
12-01-2003, 05:14 PM
Alright, I have it. Thanks for entering! :thumbsup:

Ganonator
12-01-2003, 06:47 PM
Submitted.

And those of you who laugh at it are going to hell with me.