PDA

View Full Version : Mapmaker

jeghm
11-24-2003, 02:21 PM
I'm not sure that this is the correct forum to ask this but I need to know why Mapmaker (ver. 0.0) won't show my dungeon maps. I've tried every possible thing I can think of to make it work and the best that I can get is a picture of my overworld in the pattern of my dungeon in the dungeon's color. Why won't it show me my dungeon rooms?

Jeghm

Freedom
11-24-2003, 07:35 PM
I'm not sure what version that is, or what ZC version you're using, but here goes anyway.

in the 183 mapmaker, you click on map, then you scroll the numbers to get to the map you want to copy.
best here to rename it before you hit generate.
(like lvl1, lvl2, whatever)

to do the overworld you can just use the default instead of "map" and again a name at that point saves trouble.

are you using the qsu file?
best to export (qsu) unencoded quest, and then cut and paste that into the folder you have mapmaker in, covering it over each time you do a new updated map, and naming maps as you go, then that keeps you from filling up you recycle bin with large sized files.

I made maps of all 9 levels and the two overworlds in Quest for Freedom II and they totaled over 100 megs.

so....
open mapmaker exe
click on open
click on the qsu file and open
click on the layers to be copied
click on map
scroll to the map number
rename the .bmp
hit generate
hit exit.

If you still can't figure it out, I'll do a screen shot of it and point out the order to do it in.

jeghm
11-25-2003, 02:49 AM
I am using Zquest ver. 1.90 to make my game. I have just now been able to successfully upload ver. 1.92/183 but will not use it on my quest until I have finished the quest on 1.90.

When I hit the 'about' button on Mapmaker it just says vers. 0.0. I haven't found an updated Mapmaker, yet.

I don't think that I can use your advice on the older programs but will indeed use it if I ever find the newer Mapmaker.

Do you know anything about the original Mapmaker?

Jeghm

jeghm
11-25-2003, 02:56 AM
I found a new Mapmaker and everything is fine.

Thanks much.

Jeghm

Cloral
11-25-2003, 05:04 AM
When you wish to update your post, please use the 'edit' button rather than double-posting.