PDA

View Full Version : No sequel to S&M

Dechipher
11-23-2003, 10:44 PM
...Micheal Kamen, at age 55, has died from MS. I find this very sad. He was working on another S&M too, and I was looking forward to this immensely.

Metallica.com has all the info.

Goat
11-24-2003, 10:19 AM
I am a pretty big metallica fan, but I thought S&M was horrible. One reason i didnt liek it is because all live albums blow, besides Nirvana unplugged of course. And second because I dont like teh thought of mixing classical and metal. i knwo metallica did it before S&M and also zeppelin did it as well, which kashmir was an awesome song, but IMO it just isnt cool *shrugs*

Dechipher
11-25-2003, 10:17 PM
I myself would have preferred a studio version, however, it was refreshing. I beleive KISS did it too, way back when.However, I was looking forward to hearing such songs as My Friend of Misery and Creepind Death to be orchestrated.

Ich
11-25-2003, 11:47 PM
Is this the kind of S&M I'm thinking of?

Dechipher
11-25-2003, 11:52 PM
Most likely not. S&M= 1999 Concert with Metallica and the San Francisco Symphony, directed by Micheal Kamen. Kamen and Metallica collaborated to orchestrate Metallica's greatest hits, and then performed them live for San Francisco and London. Such songs that were on the roster were Call of the Klutu, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Fuel, Bleeding Me, Nothing Else Matters, Enter Sandman, The Outlaw Torn, Sad But True, among others, and new songs No Leaf Clover and Minus Human.

Dracula
11-27-2003, 06:35 PM
I find this a little heart-breaking, as I loved S&M... I would have loved to have seen a sequel to it too (Unforgiven II especially). I would have never thought rock and classical mixed, but Zeppelin and Metallic pulled it off the best.

AlexMax
11-27-2003, 10:37 PM
Oh shit...dude, I fucking loved the live S&M performances of Metallica. Unforgiven II would have rocked ;_;.

Rest in Peace...

Ian
11-28-2003, 11:43 AM
I read about it on Metallica's site a few days ago. I was really looking forward to some kind of sequel (do you guy's remember what James said at the end of Battery?) Two songs I'd really love to hear orchastrated are Fade to Black and Orion.

RIP man, you helped make one of the best concerts I've ever hear.
*waves goodbye*

cyberkiller6276
11-28-2003, 12:19 PM
S & M was awesome for a live performance, but yes, I would have preffered a studio version.

RIP Micheal Kamen, you will be missed.

Dechipher
11-28-2003, 03:11 PM
I don't think that was James. Lars said "Same place, next year", I beleive, but I think those plans kidna fell through. They did do an S&M concert in london though.