PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Hangover

Cloral
11-22-2003, 05:33 PM
Since so many of you seemed incredulous about me not having a hangover last week, and I didn't get one today either, I'm going to share the way you avoid them. It's really very simple. The first thing is to realize that a hangover is 90% dehydration. So if you stay hydrated, you will be able to avoid most of it. So, when you get home from drinking, don't go right to bed. Instead, stay up for a bit and have a few glasses of water. Then when you get up the next day, you'll be feeling pretty good. It really is that simple. Of course, if you get really drunk, you'll still be hung over the next day. But if you do this, it shouldn't be as bad.

Dracula
11-22-2003, 05:37 PM
I heard water, orange juice, and crackers work good... Just as long as you don't throw them up afterwards. ;)
I've been hammered before, but never really had a bad hangover... Luck, I guess. :shrug:

Kirby of Doom
11-22-2003, 07:37 PM
Good idea. I might need it tonight. ;)

very late edit: I don't want to make a new post since this is kind of a one liner and not very on topic. I guess I'm not going to need it tonight. :cry:

moocow
11-22-2003, 09:24 PM
I can't drink water when I've been drinking, cause it makes me more drunk. I have to drink Pepsi or Coke or some other dark colored cola. And I usually eat bread or crackers. I usually only wake up hung over when I pass out unexpectedly. lol

mikeron
11-23-2003, 12:24 AM
I've heard that the darker colored drinks are more likely to cause a hangover because your brain gets less oxygen.

inori
11-23-2003, 12:29 AM
Cloral's right; if you come home and immediately pass out on the floor/bed/kitchen table, the next day is not going to be happy. If you come home and keep yourself awake long enough to down some water, you'll be fine, or at least better off. (Basically, you have to replace all the water that's headed out the other end of your system...)

Juice isn't bad either, if you can't do the plain water thing. Soda is not as optimal, but it's probably better than nothing.

Dracula
11-23-2003, 03:26 PM
I think the only problem with soda is the carbonation. I'm pretty sure Jack Daniels and Mountain Dew don't taste good together, especially going up.

Goat
11-23-2003, 03:29 PM
Yes, most pops will just dehydrate you more. I drink alot of Powerade, whether I am drinking or not. Also when I cut myself off or someone else does it for me, i stay up for at least 2 more hours, or try to atleast. I've had maybe 2 hangovers in 4 years of drinking.

fatcatfan
11-24-2003, 01:30 PM
I have no experience with any of it, but I've seen these (http://www.doublechaser.com/) at the Smoothie King here in town.

Clueless Blonde
11-24-2003, 10:40 PM
Yes yes - water is definitely the key. This past summer I was extremely drunk, but didn't suffer from a hangover 'cuz I was pumped full of water.

vegeta1215
11-25-2003, 01:18 AM
I was surprised to find that out in one of my science classes, you know, how alcohol blocks the re-absorbtion of water in your body. So even though you can drink lots of alcohol, you're gonna get de-hydrated. Weird how that works, isn't it?