PDA

View Full Version : ZC makes XP lag?

Monica
11-22-2003, 04:26 PM
Exactly 1 week ago today, my computer was upgraded from ME to XP. The only things I've put on it are AIM, Morrowind, Incredimail, some Little Shop of Horrors MP3s and ZC Beta. ZC was the last thing, and after I unzipped it, stuff got laggy (I mean the way the computer loads stuff, not the connection) I deleted it and it is still laggy. Was it really ZC that did it? Does ZC cause XP bad problems? :(

Cloral
11-22-2003, 05:36 PM
Make sure you didn't pick up some spyware or a virus. A good program to use to check for spyware is Ad-Aware, which you can pick up at www.lavasoft.de

Monica
11-22-2003, 05:45 PM
I'm not even supposed to download random programs gecause of that, so I asked around and everyon said ZC was safe. I have Norton and it didn't detect anything. I got it from ZCN since PZC's won't work, it thinks the file is an HTML document when it doesn't send me to the main page.

Gerudo
11-22-2003, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Monica
I'm not even supposed to download random programs gecause of that, so I asked around and everyon said ZC was safe. I have Norton and it didn't detect anything. I got it from ZCN since PZC's won't work, it thinks the file is an HTML document when it doesn't send me to the main page. when you download from PZC, it makes a file called 'download'

you must rename this to whatever program you were downloading (try zc.exe) then double-click it, should extract the files n stuff, also be sure to get the support archive if you havent already :)

i was told rather rudely in PZC's chat, that being the way to do it...

as far as lag? i get lag, but only because my RAM sucks (from just doing carios things) ZC, however, doesnt lag my comp at all...

MottZilla
11-22-2003, 08:42 PM
When ZC is running it could cause your computer to have performance issues (like if you Alt+Tab out of it). However if the game is not running you should not have any problems. If you do it's not ZC.

Monica
11-22-2003, 08:53 PM
Ok, I deleted everything from ZC (and I had Norton-Scanned) I'll ask my dad which spyware app he trusts, since I can't just go downloading stuff... I needed to know if anyone has ever found spyware inside ZC.

Gerudo
11-22-2003, 09:32 PM
ZC has absolutely ZERO spyware, or at least that is DN's claim :p

i am using it right now, i have no issues, plus i havent noticed anything out of the ordinary...

as far as spyware goes, look into Spybot Search & Destroy, it kills all spyware...

Drakmyth
11-23-2003, 04:51 PM
Another good one is the free trail of Jimmysurf. (which comes with a pop-up blocker as well as an adware/spyware searcher/remover.)

Axel
11-28-2003, 11:58 AM
ZC won't even come up for me. I'm running XP, and every time I try to run ZC I get one of those pointless error messages Windows is infamous for.

edit: ZQ works, though.

Cloral
11-28-2003, 03:24 PM
Are you using the windows version?

Axel
12-01-2003, 04:28 PM
of course. I used to use the DOS version, but my hardrive was wiped and now the windows beta is availible.