PDA

View Full Version : Joystick

tracie
11-20-2003, 11:43 PM
Hello, I'm new to the forum. :)

I have a question...

I downloaded ZC today, ran agsetup and when I click on "Joystick" and try to add my Microsoft SideWinder Plug & Play Game Pad I keep getting a message saying it is not found. I've used this joystick before with ZC and I don't understand why I can't agian. My computer recognizes it, says "OK" - Connected. Game play is so much better with a joystick than using the keyboard. I've tried using the keyboard buttons but for some reason they wont work, either! The 4 arrow keys are the only ones that work.

Anyway, can anyone help me out on this?

Cloral
11-21-2003, 02:53 AM
Most joysticks today (especially those by MS) are not DOS-compatable. So you can't use them in DOS programs. Sometimes though you can still use a joystick even if it isn't officially 'supported' in AGSetup. Try just setting a generic 4 button gamepad and see if that works.

Demimore
11-21-2003, 04:28 AM
USB controllers does not work in ZC. USB does not support DOS. NOTHING should EVER be DOS compatible. It must die. Completely.

tracie
11-21-2003, 10:20 AM
Okay, but, like I said, I have used the same joystick before with this game, and I just don't understand why then and not now. :confuse2:

Even yet, "the keys"... I can't do anything in the game but move right, left, straight up, and straight down. I've tried other keys to use the sword, nothing works! grrrrrrrr! :angry:

Demimore
11-21-2003, 11:22 AM
Go to one of the menus, then select something like "controller setup" or "game keys" or something. Then edit it and it should work just fine.