PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts about these 3 GC games?

Tudorcat
11-20-2003, 03:47 PM
I was about to buy a new game today to my gamecube but I couldnt make up my mind. These are the ones I looked at and I would love to hear your opinion on them.

Simpsons , hit and run.

Wario World

Sonic adventure DX

They cost about the same (70 dollars )and its not making it easier to pick one.

What to do?

idontknow
11-20-2003, 04:09 PM
woa! where are you buying these games?!!! $70 for a game? should be at least $20 cheaper--most keeps these days are at most $50! anyway, i can't help ya there--try going to gamespot to look for more info on the game, including screen shots

Tudorcat
11-20-2003, 04:18 PM
In a regular store thats how much they cost here :cry: .

Kirby of Doom
11-20-2003, 04:19 PM
70 dollars? Is that American dollars?

Anyway, to get an idea from IGN

Sonic DX: 5.0
He said the Dreamcast version was not too bad but that this is a bad port.

Wario Ware: nr
"We here at IGN had tons of fun with the Game Boy Advance version of Wario Ware, but it seems that title was just the beginning. Nintendo's puzzling mini-game collection is an even better experience in multiplayer form, played on the GameCube via the recent Japanese release of Atsumare! Made in Wario."
"While we haven't found ourselves too anxious to go through the single player mode, multiplayer has proven to be a completely different story. The available modes of play make use of the mini-game concept perfectly and offer up enough variety and humor that we doubt we'll grow tired of the game any time soon. Get a bunch of people together, allow yourself to get lost in the game (no room for the shy or reserved here) and you'll likely have a blast."

Simpsons HaR: 8.0
"It's almost impossible not to love, or at least passionately admire, The Simpsons Hit & Run. In the case of their tragic videogame history (minus the mind-numbingly addictive arcade game of early '90s fame), this one finally stops the hurt. "
Basically they had some good stuff to say.

Granted I haven't tried any of these games. I do have Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and although there's a lot of problems it's still not such a bad title. You might want to look at other games too. Soul Calibur 2 is at the top of my wishlist.

*b*
11-20-2003, 04:22 PM
Simpsons. but shop elsewhere, like maybe Earth. We've got some low prices down here. (J/K, gamecrazy or Target are good places to get new games for about $50)

Tudorcat
11-20-2003, 04:25 PM
Thanks a lot for the info.

Yeah that would be american dollars but I will naturally pay them with my Swedish money, crowns.

Well we dont have Target here in Sweden *b* :confuse2: so no can do.

The most expensive GC games cost 699 SEK here and thats around 85 dollars.

Thats why I wanted to know how much the mario double dash costs over there. Here its 649 sek = 78 dollars
:(

Kirby of Doom
11-20-2003, 04:32 PM
I haven't seen any GCN games more than $50 or $55. You might want to try getting it online, like Amazon, if it's not too expensive for shipping and handling.

Tudorcat
11-20-2003, 04:36 PM
Will games from USA or Japan run on European GCs?

El Oso Verde
11-20-2003, 04:55 PM
No, they will not witout modification. Which you probably aren't interested in doing.

Mak-X
11-20-2003, 05:10 PM
The most any PS2, Xbox, and GC game is in the U.S. in U.S. dollars is $50

Freeloader is a boot disc for playing imported games
http://www.videogamedepot.com/shop/product.asp?pf_id=01D009814011&

although I don't know of any differences from playing a NTSC game on a PAL system or TV.

Tudorcat
11-20-2003, 05:37 PM
Well things do cost more over here but we get paid better too. So its not that big of a diffrence It just looks that way when only looking on the price itself.

How much do you have to spend to buy a gameboy sp over there? its about 150 dollars here.

:kitty:

Master Ghaleon
11-20-2003, 06:28 PM
Ill rank in order to get them

1. Simpsons Hit & Run
2. Sonic Adventure Dx
3. Wario World

;)

Kirby of Doom
11-20-2003, 06:38 PM
I think I paid about 100 for my GBASP, which I don't use anymore. :shrug:

Dracula
11-20-2003, 07:22 PM
My #1 suggestion there is Simpsons. Ever since Simpsons Road Rage came out, I dreamed of a Simpsons GTA3 style... Well, sure enough, here it is!

mikeron
11-20-2003, 08:06 PM
Everything is more expensive in Europe. I think a Big Mac is like $6 US...

Tudorcat
11-21-2003, 05:27 PM
LOL I ended up without any of those 3 games, I traded a few very old games to my GBA and GC and got these in stead.

Harrypotter, Super mario Sunshine Crash bandicot to the GC and Banjo Kazzoie for my GBA.

:kitty:

The next new game I will buy will be Simpsons hit and run though I tried it and liked it.

PrfectGREG
12-01-2003, 01:29 PM
Get Wario World, its mad fun to play.

Tudorcat
12-02-2003, 11:37 AM
I got wario world now (traded the last ones I got I didnt fancy them too much) and its almost scary how cool this guy Wario is. I love his little "exellent" and "wonderful" that he keeps saying after beating the crap out of all the corny and somewhat cute villains that are standing in his way.

I still have a few old games to trade so Simpsons hit and run will be mine next week or so.

Zaggarum
12-02-2003, 08:14 PM
if your a sonic fan, Sonic Dx is a good game to buy, if you aren't a big fan of the blue hedgehog, don't worry about it. I bought the game and its pretty fun.