PDA

View Full Version : MK:DD!!! release date

idontknow
11-18-2003, 03:56 PM
At what stores is mario kart: double dash!!! out right now? i think the official release date was supposed to be yesterday, the 17th, but many other stores, such as target, say that it won't be released till tomorrow, the 19th...also, do you think this game is worth getting now (or when it comes out), or just waiting to get it for christmas as a gift? being that i don't have that much money, but i really really want this game, i'm not so sure what to do (and i have yet to buy xmas gifts for the family)

also: for those of you who do have it, if it has come out in any stores in the U.S. yet, how good is the game? i hear its awesome but i just wanna make sure--how would ya rate the game on--1. Fun (gameplay) 2. control 3. graphics 4. sound/music
<THANKS!>

Petoe
11-18-2003, 04:13 PM
Well, I live in Europe, but I've played my friend's game a lot (over 15 hours already) so I can form an opinion.

1. FUN: 7/10
- The single player gets boring really fast. The multi-player is really fun though. But the tracks are quite boring and because you're not able to jump in the game (or do some other stuff you could do in the previous games), it's not that fun. And there's not much unlockables either...

2. CONTROL: 9/10
- Great control. Not perfect, but it works like it should.

3. GRAPHICS: 7/10
- Above average, but nothing spectacular. Bright, simple, cute graphics. And at least the framerate is perfect. :)

4. MUSIC: 4/10
- Turn off the music!!! Its horrible! X_x

OVERALL: I was very disappointed with the game. But still it's not a bad game. It's just mediocre.

King
11-18-2003, 05:12 PM
My bro's friend picked up the game. Here's what I think of it so far:

FUN: 8/10
If you liked the other Mario Karts, then you'll like this one. DD has more depth though, because of the team setup. Now, you can choose your own kart, and each character has their own weapons in addition to the usual MK weapons. You can't hop, but it's not a big deal to me. I think powersliding is even better in this game than in previous MK games. You can't use shells to protect your rear anymore, which means you have to time your shot in order to deflect incoming shells. Now, everytime you get hit, you lose your current weapon (the ghost weapon isn't in the game). What I don't like is the lack of battle tracks (again), which again is limited to 4 (excluding any secret tracks, if any), but the battle modes are cool, especially the Bob-Omb one. :) I wish there were more tracks in general. Super Circuit had 40, 20 of which were altered versions of the SNES MK tracks. If DD had added the MK64 tracks, that would've suited me just fine.

CONTROL: 10/10
Very responsive. Your team and the kart you choose will affect how the kart handles. All of the functions are accessible.

GRAPHICS: 7/10
Not the best-looking GC game, but not necessary to be, since the frame-rate is silky-smooth. I'm glad the game is as fast as it is, 'cause 150cc will be intense.

SOUND/MUSIC: 6/10
I'm sure most people will agree with me--MK64 has the best soundtrack of the entire series. The music in DD is forgettable. The voice acting is what you would expect in a Mario game.

idontknow
11-18-2003, 05:54 PM
nobody knows when its released in the U.S.?

King
11-18-2003, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by idontknow
nobody knows when its released in the U.S.?

I figured it'd be out now, since I live in Canada and it's out here.

TheGeepster
11-18-2003, 07:51 PM
I got it Monday. Still trying to figure out the mini-dash afer the power slide.

I also wanna play some folks over internet. MK has always been oriented more towards multiplayer rather than single-player.

Just curious. Is it me or are the battle tracks a bit smaller and simpler than previous? Probably just me though.

Dart Zaidyer
11-18-2003, 08:59 PM
The commercials say it comes out November 19th, but November 17th is the date I hear more often.

Mak-X
11-18-2003, 09:38 PM
Mario Kart comes out Nov 17 in some areas. For the rest of the U.S., like the East Coast where I live for example, it takes 2 extra days to ship a game from Redmond, Washington to here, so Mario Kart comes out tomorrow (Wednesday) where I live.

gameguy032
11-18-2003, 10:15 PM
The dates Nintendo said (referring to the Zelda Bundle for the PIN numbers) November 17. GameFAQs said the 17th. Most ads I've seen say the 18th. The Toys 'r' Us site says 20th. Best Buy has expected 18-24th. My reserve slip for Toys 'r' Us says the 19th, but I called to see if it came out when the other stores claim to have it, and they said it'll be out the 20th. So, to sum it up, it's released between November 17-24. Just keep checking places.

KJAZZ
11-19-2003, 01:40 AM
The music isn't THAT bad, Petoe, I liked MK64's more, but this one had some good songs also.

As for unlockables, if you remember the Mario Karts before this, they all had next to nothing in unlockables, save for 150 CC/Special Cup in the SNES game, and Ghosts/Mirror Mode in MK64..(I haven't played the GBA game, but I assume it probably didn't have that many unlockables either..)

mr.Descer
11-19-2003, 07:30 AM
Yeah the music isnt that bad. But petoe complains about it all the time when he plays the game with me. Music is just very important for him. But I agree tht the game was disappointing. When I play alone it is very boring, but the DK track is soo cool! :drool:

TheGeepster
11-19-2003, 02:28 PM
If I ever get around t it, I wanna try to set up an internet game. I hear it is possible with some software that was mentioned on a thread in the Main News forum.. That way I could try multiplayer against other skilled individuals and experience the full game.

Always more interesting to have your tail kicked by someone living.