PDA

View Full Version : Phantom to use Windows Embedded System

Melonhead
11-17-2003, 04:42 PM
http://www.gamedev.net/info/news/FullStory.asp?StoryID=5651
Hmm... Interesting.
Perhaps Microsoft doesn't see the Phantom as a competitor to the Xbox?

Kairyu
11-17-2003, 04:53 PM
I can only assume that most major companies don't see very much of anything in the Phantom. Besides an exceptionally accurate name.

AtmaWeapon
11-17-2003, 05:39 PM
Old news. They've been talking from the start about the Windows kernel they've been using. Even if it's a competitor to the XBOX, how does MS lose money if you buy a Phantom? You still pay for the copy of Windows.

AlexMax
11-17-2003, 06:34 PM
Dude, this thing is a sham. Why is it still whoring press?

cyberkiller6276
11-17-2003, 10:46 PM
I heard about the kernal, but never using XP embedded software. Personally, I think the Phantom will be a bigger bomb than N-gage was. I'll probably get it only if I either have way too much money, or not enough to get a new PC when I need one.

TheGeepster
11-18-2003, 05:44 AM
Was this an official rep of an official distributor of the Windows OS?

I'm highly suspicious of this product, although at first I simply thought it was an idea which was genuine but hard-pressed to work..

I think most people want to see something substantive from Phantom and Infinium Labs, but to date, it's been nothing but smoke and mirrors..

tgf_guy
11-19-2003, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by TheGeepster

I think most people want to see something substantive from Phantom and Infinium Labs, but to date, it's been nothing but smoke and mirrors..

The fact that one of their supposed "screenshots" shows them playing Metroid Prime on the "Phantom" has lowered my trust in them, somewhat.