PDA

View Full Version : Doy, Help, please, I beg of thee

brewer
11-17-2003, 02:25 PM
I am still trying to proceed in Doy and I am in the squirrels nightmare. how do you kill the megalodon? I have made it all the way through the beastie but I can't seem to harm him in any way. I have tried super bombs, bombs, boomarang, arrows, level 3 sword, were-axe, nothing seems to hurt him. I saw that kitty mentioned a rocket launcher in the main doy thread but I can't seem to find anything like that. help please? well, now that I have asked i will probably go figure it out. some times it seems that just posting here helps me to figure it out. please help me though. I am trapped in my cabin and the temperature is -35 out side. I don't wanna go out, but I am tired of tearing my hair out on this one. thanks in advance

jman2050
11-17-2003, 02:55 PM
Arrows should work just fine... are you sure you just aren't hitting him enough? It takes quite a few hits for himn to advance to his next stages...

ShadowTiger
11-17-2003, 04:03 PM
Absolutely. As J-Man said, just make sure that you have:
1) A full potion.
2) Quite a few rupees.
3) Patience. :rolleyes:
4) Some good arrows. If you can, try to get the silver arrows from Capital Port. You'll need the ladder to get them though.)

You can get the ladder without facing the boss, by saving. (Make SURE you hit a blue bubble first! :eek: ) If you save, you'll start off .. somewhere, .. and you'll have the ladder. Then you can use the silver arrows (Missiles, I think.) on the Megalodon, and beat it much easier. :)

The thing with Megalodon, is that all of its hit points, are composed of like-like's. Each time you kill them all, you're transferred to a new battle screen with the Megalodon. So just fire straight into its mouth, whether or not its open, and you'll hit the like-like's.

And don't worry about taking damage. Has to happen anyway. :shrug:

brewer
11-17-2003, 10:53 PM
Of course, it happened just like I said, I posted my message here and then went and figured it out. it helped that I found (golden") arrows before I tried again. oh well, stupid. now I am stuck in thee capital port hotel. not because I am stupid as bofore (I think) but because of a bug two screens left of the enterance. I tried to dive in a pool and it takes me to one of those wierd screens with the four bats. is there any way around this? I think I have explored the rest of the hotel that I can get to but to no avail...

jman2050
11-18-2003, 02:36 PM
Hmm... if I recall, that is a bug, but it isn't a neccesary location to go to. Either that or the place isn't unneccesary. Ah screw it, I'll tell you what you have to do next. Use a super bomb near one of the waterfalls on the way up the cliff...

ShadowTiger
11-18-2003, 04:11 PM
That is, assuming that you have Beta 152. If you don't, I wouldn't expect anything ... useful ... to happen. :rolleyes: Sorry. :shrug: Otherwise, be prepared for the test, of a lifetime. :sly:

When you get the treasure in there, head to Enigma Castle. Use that item when you're faced with attacking enemies on the other side of the room, and you won't be cast into the pit. I personally love that weapon. It's a great tool, even to use against darknuts. (Not the magic, the weapon itself. ;) )

brewer
11-19-2003, 03:59 PM
hmm, stragnge, everything I just typed disappeared. oh well, anyway thanks for all the help guys. I am now in enigma and lovin it. I am at the end of f-3 and stuck on some horrible block puzzle with a key behind it that I can't seem to figure out. it is the last key I think, unless there is another floor. anyway, not sure how to proceed at this point. guess I will keep trying.