PDA

View Full Version : Dinner for the family!

moocow
11-16-2003, 06:12 PM
I just cooked dinner for my family. Usually when I cook for my family, I toss a couple of frozen pizzas in the oven and call it a night.

But not today.

I made Fettuchini Alfredo with Chicken (baked in butter and parmesan cheese), garlic bread and french fries (my mom wanted fries..)

Anyway, this stuff is BAD ASS.

Homemade alfredo sauce and everything... I rawk!

Anyone else cook dinner for their families/companion?

Melonhead
11-16-2003, 06:16 PM
I made Penne Pasta and Vodka Sauce for my mom today.... It's our favorite dish, but it takes a long time to make and uses lots of expensive ingredients.
I hope it turns out ok.

Radium
11-16-2003, 06:22 PM
I cook sometimes. I make really good tacos (I usually just do the meat and everyone else does the other crap ;)) and my burgers are teh best. :D

Master Ghaleon
11-16-2003, 06:23 PM
I love to make meatloaf alot for my Mom. I also like to make chicken and stuffing alot too.

linkofzelda1
11-16-2003, 09:46 PM
I can cook macaroni and cheese for my family. Does that count? :shrug:

Tudorcat
11-16-2003, 09:51 PM
Sure I do it all the time for my family when they come for a visit other than that I do almost all of the everyday coocking around here.

:kitty:

Yoshiman
11-16-2003, 10:17 PM
I usually just cook food for myself, but at family gatherings, I'll help out with the meal. I'll prepare side dishes and desserts. I sometimes make macaroni and cheese or ramen for my sisters if they're hungry and my mom or dad aren't home.

cyberkiller6276
11-16-2003, 10:18 PM
I can make badass fajita stuff. Every time I make this, my 10 year old brother likes to call them Vegetas Fajitas. It pisses me off to no end.

Other than that, I too, make macaroni and cheese. It's just elbows with (*mouth waters*) Velveta cheese.

TheGeepster
11-16-2003, 11:35 PM
I live aone, so I don't often cook. When I did cook while living at home, I cooked a lot of Hamburger Helper and Macaroni.

As far as semi-professional from-scratch cooking, my few attempts have been decent for me, but probably not good enough for company. I need practice..

Ich
11-17-2003, 12:28 AM
If it's not made in a toaster or microwave, chances are it's over my head.

inori
11-17-2003, 07:33 AM
At family get-togethers, my family is ... um ... old-fashioned about the cooking. The women all get together in the kitchen and cook, and the men all go hide in the living room (typically watching sports on TV) or outside. This is enforced mainly by the women... if a guy wanders into the kitchen, he generally gets chased out. The men do, however, run the barbecue.

As far as my own cooking, lasagna is my most complicated dish. I can't make it now, though, as I don't have an oven. :( I've had barbecues for friends, too.

ShadowTiger
11-17-2003, 08:39 AM
I cook sometimes. Eggs, mostly. I also cook some mean pasta. Marinara sauce with shells. Very nice. ;)

Master Ghaleon
11-17-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
I live aone, so I don't often cook. When I did cook while living at home, I cooked a lot of Hamburger Helper and Macaroni.

Hamburger Helper is the shit :drool:

Blonde799
11-17-2003, 01:17 PM
I cook almost all the time for me and my brother. You know, the 'helpers, meatloaf, sides like rice, mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, omlettes, pancakes, waffles, hamburgers, biscuits, spaghetti, grilled <whatever> sandwiches, the basic and "pre-made" stuff. But yeah, I'm a good cook, even though my brother has had a year more of culinary training than me(which is like none lol). Yup, no classes on how to cook, and I know how by trial and error!:D

But that's only because my parents usually aren't around, and I either cooked for myself and my siblings, or starved until my parents came home and cooked at like, midnight.:p

Clueless Blonde
11-17-2003, 07:05 PM
Oh yes, I make dinner for my family almost every night. My mom hates to cook, so that's my job. I cook anything from frozen pizza to the most scrumptcious, elaborate meals. Ya know, fresh baked rolls, mashed potatoes, salad, chicken or steak...

Oh yes... I am indeed a cooking goddess. :D

*b*
11-17-2003, 07:31 PM
I used to cook for people alot, but not anymore. dunno why :shrug:

I did make a great mexican dish but I can't remember what it's called :p

I do cook for myself alot, but it's usually sausag and eggs and hashbrowns, or Spagetti-Os, or someother stuff that comes in cans :D

and moocow, right now, that sounds so good! I'm almost litterally drooling :drool:

njptoo86
11-17-2003, 07:41 PM
me i cook for my family every day its usually somthing easy but sence im a chef in traning i like to get creative like fettuchini alfredo its so good but soo easy

Kendachi
11-17-2003, 11:17 PM
I love to cook. Thanksgiving is usually my show, but I cook a lot. Mind you, a goodly portion is "pre-made" stuff, but I just find it to be easier. Popping a Lipton noodle/rice side on the stove and some frozen vegatables into the microwave isn't bad. And I cook a lot of fish when I can get it. My "signature" fish dish is a ginger, soy, four citrus marinade/glaze on salmon, sea bass, or tilapia. That's goooooood stuff. And sooooo easy.

Oh yeah - and I can't get enough Iron Chef.