PDA

View Full Version : minigame hellp

idontknow
11-16-2003, 05:09 PM
does anyone know how to make the sort of minigame like in Majora's Mask where you pay & then a timer begins & when you go near certain floor tiles, they rise, preventing you from going in that direction, so you have to weave through a maze of such walls till you find the treasure chest?...i'm wondering how i could make the walls rise when you get next to them--i tried using the eyeball combos, but you can be across the room when they rise and they all seem to rise together when i do that--i want them to only rise one by one when i'm a tile away--i have no idea how to do this...any ideas?

Freedom
11-16-2003, 07:35 PM
I never played majora's mask, so not quite sure here, but couldn't you just toggle temp triggers back and forth?

lord_jamitossi
11-16-2003, 07:35 PM
this would probably require a new combo type, like a "near link" combo.

ShadowTiger
11-17-2003, 04:08 PM
I really can't see any good method to this, because if you have to use a multiwarp, (Which you will, assumably.) Then the timed-warp, which uses the side warp, will have the same effect as the win route if you have to use it on any instances of the Minigame screens. So I recommend against an elaborate minigame, as it's more than likely to work out against you. Sorry. :shrug: But good luck.

Zelda_Warrior
11-30-2003, 06:50 PM
Why do they have to rise? Just use that checkerboarded floor and have unwalkable tiles and walkable ones. I KNOW!!!!!! USE AN INVISABLE TRIGGER TEMP AND HAVE THE INVISABLE UNWALKABLE TILES RISE WHEN YOU TRIGGER THE TRIGGER TEMP! AND THEN HAVE ANOTHER TRIGGER TEMP OR TRIGGER PERM RIGHT AFTER THAT TO MAKE THEM GO DOWN AGIAN!!!!!;) ;) ;)