PDA

View Full Version : The Meatrix

Radium
11-16-2003, 04:56 PM
The Meatrix (http://www.themeatrix.com/)

My friend found this funny flash animation, lol it's great (and true). :P

cyberkiller6276
11-16-2003, 05:36 PM
This is so true. I like how they put it in the form of a Matrix spinoff, It draws the audience in and makes them aware. Believe it or not, I am trying to fight against animal cruelty in my area.

Melonhead
11-16-2003, 05:41 PM
That's so true!
Animal cruelty is sick and disturbing. Watch the Animal Planet and you'll be disgusted by the people that hurt their pets.

Rainman
11-16-2003, 07:31 PM
Mass farming is great. It's one of the reasons we are able to sustain our country and even export some of it. It's leading us closer to wiping out global hunger. Now if only the owners of the companies weren't such bastards.

Ganonator
11-16-2003, 08:44 PM
Yeah for activist making things sound a lot worse than it really is. I say fuck 'em!

Yes, some of our meat is created this way, but in reality, over 90% of all animals for meat are happy and free roaming. Forgot about that, didn't ya?

Pass me a hotdog, will ya?

stormwatcheagle
11-16-2003, 09:10 PM
Bah, Farm Fresh, Mass Processed, do you actually think the cow gives a damn? You're gonna kill her in the end.

linkofzelda1
11-16-2003, 09:53 PM
Pretty funny stuff. I personally don't mind either way, long as I'm not the animal. :evil:

Kirby of Doom
11-16-2003, 10:58 PM
Although it's good they're not against eating meat. No offense to any vegetarians out there, but there's nothing wrong with eating meat. It's a normal part of our diet, and of the diets of many other animals too. I do agree that some of the things in that animation are wrong though. I didn't know they do that stuff.

Radium
11-16-2003, 11:35 PM
I found the animation pretty funny, although I personally do not know any statistics on how much meat is mass-produced, ect. Another thing... Why bother warning about super-viruses from over-use of antibiotics when we've got scientists creating them in the labs instantly??? :D

TheGeepster
11-17-2003, 12:06 AM
I have seen one such farm where the animals are jam-packed.. It's a cow farm west of Amarillo, and it's really sad to pass by and see the conditions of the place..

(And on your left, it's Cowpie Hill, named for the substance which composes it. And yet, the cows will stand on it just so they have some space to themselves..)

I don't know how extensive this kind of thing is though.

Slightly amusing parody, but they needed a different voice actor for Neo. That voice was annoying.

Michael Moore
11-17-2003, 04:32 AM
I have never been one for animal cruelty, so I this makes me sick to think about it. :(

Goat
11-18-2003, 02:57 PM
As a goat I am appauled by teh condition they keep our animals in, but wait, whats that? I'm not really a goat? Wtf? I like meat, I like eggs, I like milk. I may just sound liek the typical ignorant consumer, but as long as I get it I am happy.