PDA

View Full Version : I think so, Brain. But how do we get the monkey to spit?

Predcon1
11-16-2003, 04:02 PM
I'm in serious need of some time-consuming console gaming, and all I've got is a Gamecube, and i'm not about to go out and buy a PS2 or XBox simply because it's got better games. What I need is a really cool action or RP game with good graphics, lots of hack and slash fighting, and decent to long length. Any suggestions?

Useful posts only, plzkthx

Melonhead
11-16-2003, 04:30 PM
Ikaruga is a great GC game. You can waste hours before you even know what you've been doing. :D

vegeta1215
11-17-2003, 12:24 AM
Super Smash Bros Melee is great, and only $30 now! You will be very busy if you want to unlock everything in the game (extra characters, extra stages, extra modes, and 290 trophies!). But, it's not as fun unless you have some friends to play it with.

Kirby of Doom
11-17-2003, 12:40 AM
Metroid Prime should take you a while, though there's a lot of exploring. Be prepared to use the internet a lot. Actually, I should try getting back in to it.

linkofzelda1
11-17-2003, 01:17 AM
Metroid Prime would have been my suggestion, but since it's taken, I'll have to say Resident Evil Zero. That's an awesome game.

vegeta1215
11-17-2003, 03:56 PM
It took me about 14 hours to beat Metroid prime with minimal help (I had to look up where to get the Super Ice shot and Flamethrower, plus a few other things). But seriously, you could easily spend that many hours taking in the beautiful scenery and graphics of the game. The environments are by far the best I've seen in a game, and the attention to detail is amazing - esp Samus' visor effects (like when you get zapped underwater and you see Samus' reflection, omg it's awesome! :D)

I'm gonna finish getting all 100% items one day and then tackle hard mode. Anyone who doesn't have this game is missing out big time.

cap2030
11-18-2003, 01:10 AM
Prince of persia comes out tomorrow or the day after for GC.

King
11-18-2003, 01:28 PM
No GC collection should be without Smash Bros. Melee. You could also try Wind Waker, Super Mario Sunshine, Viewtiful Joe, Eternal Darkness, and the other games that were already mentioned.

Dracula
11-18-2003, 08:01 PM
Viewtiful Joe kicks major ass. Some of the greatest 2D action since SOTN. :thumbsup: If anything else, I'd have to say Wind Waker, SSBM, F-Zero GX, Eternal Darkness, Mortal Kombat 5, Simpsons Hit and Run, or Ikaruga. :shrug:

Kirby of Doom
11-18-2003, 08:14 PM
Wind Waker is a good game but it's not long. 2nd quest, although fun to see link run around without his green suit, is the same quest.