PDA

View Full Version : Gamecube and Cable

Monica
11-15-2003, 03:53 PM
When I play gamecube, I have to keep unplugging it and replugging it, because as long as it's plugged in, I can't watch anything above channel 30. I use a PS2 on the same tv, but I got the GC first. Is there anything I can do, or is that just how the GC is? (PS2 doesn't fuzz any channels)

stormwatcheagle
11-15-2003, 03:56 PM
Are you using an RF switch or the cables that plug into the tv?

cyberkiller6276
11-15-2003, 07:21 PM
It sounds like an RF switch. I've had similar probs back in the day with my N64. That's when I switched over to AV cables because RF switches piss me off.

I would say it's the TV but you said your PS2 works just fine. It could also just be the GC RF switch. Or it could be if you're using two RF switches (one for each console) it might depend on what order they come in before they plug into the TV.

TheGeepster
11-16-2003, 03:03 AM
I use a plug that can go into the back of both the GC and the PS2, and I have to unhook it from the GC when I want to play PS2.. It seems that the power drifts from the PS2 through the back of the GC even with the GC off..

Just one of those weird things I guess.

I don't have any cable so I've never had a problem with GC causing me to lose any channels.

inori
11-16-2003, 04:31 AM
You can get a switch box that lets you plug four or so different devices into it (using A/V cables), and then you push a button to change which device you're using. I had one back in the States; very handy when you want to run a NES, SNES, Playstation, and laptop computer (for DVDs) into your TV all at the same time. The only real downside is the rat's nest of cords behind the TV, but you're going to have that anyway.

Eddy
11-17-2003, 05:00 AM
Xbox's are better