PDA

View Full Version : Yay, I can see TV again

inori
11-15-2003, 12:40 PM
The TV I inherited from someone has been a bit less than reliable, so I've been in the market for a TV tuner card. (I figured it'd be cheaper than an actual TV, plus it would let me record things and burn them to DVD.)

I got one today in Osaka. I was a bit worried about whether the included software would work on my computer, as I have English-language Windows installed. My worries were somewhat lessened, however, after I opened the box and discovered that all the documentation inside was in English. ^_^

After some flipping around of cables (my cable TV setup is a bit odd), I got the thing working. Mostly, anyway... I'm still not getting any audio. I think I can solve this with an extra connector, though, so that'll be my mission for tomorrow.

My computer is now even more the centerpiece of entertainment in my apartment. :)

linkofzelda1
11-15-2003, 01:25 PM
Nice, man. I've got an ATI 9800 AIW, so I have a TV tuner built right into it. Nicest graphics card I've ever bought. I've had some problems with audio, myself. I'm still trying to figure out how to hook my Gamecube up to it.

cyberkiller6276
11-15-2003, 02:49 PM
TV tuners are awesome. They could be considered a must-have. I used to have a TV tuner card but it went on the fritz so I had to remove it before it more damamge to my computer. BTW inori, what brand is yours?

inori
11-16-2003, 04:06 AM
Um, it's some generic thing that came in a brown box. I got it because it was cheap. :kawaii: That way, even if I couldn't get it to work, and couldn't return it, I wouldn't be out much. The box says "Philips" on it... :shrug: