PDA

View Full Version : Do the Lindows Rock.

cyberkiller6276
11-13-2003, 03:44 PM
I stumbled on this whilst researching for my paper (due tommorow) A pretty funny flash about Lindows OS.

Lindows OS (http://info.lindows.com/LindowsRock/LindowsRock.html)

ShadowTiger
11-13-2003, 03:49 PM
:rofl: That was pretty funny. Thanks. ;) Did you see the ones around the Windows Desktop? I'm not sure it's still available, or works, for that matter, but you can find it Here (http://www.bootstrike.com/LaughterHell/Featured/iconstory.html). I like this one a lot. ;)

Just goes to show you, NEVER anger Diablo II. :sb:

*b*
11-13-2003, 03:49 PM
*shakes head* that's so sad... GAH! now I'm going to be humming that tune all day! thanks alot! :p

cyberkiller6276
11-13-2003, 04:02 PM
Nope. Have not seen that one. That was pretty funny. :laughing: I take it that was a Diablo II Icon at th end?

Originally posted by *b*
*shakes head* that's so sad... GAH! now I'm going to be humming that tune all day! thanks alot! :p You're quite welcome.

Kirby of Doom
11-13-2003, 04:27 PM
The Lindows one doesn't make much sense, but the icon one is cool. Short and to the point. Wait, there is no point. :eek:

AtmaWeapon
11-13-2003, 07:26 PM
So don't compile that Linux TAR
Send us 60 dollars for
Linux with a new program
That works just like RPM

Hey, they left out that verse...

Flash Man
11-13-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by AtmaWeapon
So don't compile that Linux TAR
Send us 60 dollars for
Linux with a new program
That works just like RPM

Hey, they left out that verse...

DPKG is from Debian, not from Lindows specifically. Lindows is an OK operating system, but compared to everything else its horrible for users who can understand major concepts and use an Operating System to its maximum. As an alternative to Lindows, Slackware a similarly based upon Debian Linux distribution is quite a good Operating System. Lindows is meant for people who know absolutely nothing about Linux, and only want to use a computer for very basic things. $60 for a distribution similar to Slackware thats free seems a hefty price. I did not buy my copy of Lindows, because my boss is part of the Lindows group or something and can distribute it with "new" pcs for free. I don't see why someone would pay for Linux, although from what I have heard is that Red Hat is dropping their free based version of Linux and only going to support their Server and Workstation versions of their Operating System.

gdorf
11-13-2003, 10:03 PM
.. That was a commercial, not a funny flash page. Lindows is the gimp offspring of a combination of windows and linux. No thanks, I'll stick with the real deal. I like windows, and I like linux, but lindows is something I'd rather do without. :)

.. what was so funny about that flash page, anyway?