PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation Problem

Linkafier
11-13-2003, 02:21 PM
Almost Always, when I'm playing one of my playstation games the playstation just freezes up and I have to restart or just quit. I got my PS in '99 so is it because of old age? or is just my old games ( Games I rent work pretty good). Just concerned because my friend has had his playstation longer than me and his games still work fine.

MottZilla
11-13-2003, 02:26 PM
Games could crash for a variety of reasons. What is the model number on your PSX? It should say SCPH ####. If you have a model of lower than 5000 your unit may be dieing out.

Anyway, it could be the motor, cd lens, overheating of various system components. Let me know your model number as it would shed some light on the possible condition of your PSX.

Linkafier
11-13-2003, 03:31 PM
The Model # is SCPH-7501

inori
11-14-2003, 06:11 AM
Completely random thought, but you might try cleaning the lens and the CDs. I don't know whether it will help or not, but it's probably cheaper than anything else you might try, at least. :shrug:

Ditto for any cooling ports and such on your machine. If the problem is overheating, as Mozilla suggested, it could be caused by dust buildup, and there's a chance that cleaning it might help.