PDA

View Full Version : smart people don't know games?

Grasshopper
11-12-2003, 08:46 PM
Hehe.

I was watching Jeopardy, and they had the game category. All these guys can get all these strange questions about useless information, but the miss nearly all the game questions.

Its funny, I thought these guys knew everything?

Dracula
11-12-2003, 09:37 PM
Heh, yeah... They usually get stumped on categories on today's entertainment... What kinda questions were they supposed to answer (or should that be "what kinda answers should they have questiond?"... I hate Jeopardy! :blah: )

Dart Zaidyer
11-12-2003, 11:35 PM
I would think that there is no place in Jeopardy for that kind of category. Jeopardy should be about things nobody knows except the brainiacs playing the game, not something as low as pop culture.

Master Ghaleon
11-13-2003, 01:33 AM
All those Jeopardy people usually have their heads stuck in books studing for the gameshow instead of paying attention to videogames. They are missing one of the best things in life :drool:

Warlock
11-13-2003, 03:33 AM
Dammit, I usually watch half of that show after *ahem* another show that is only 30 min (if I told you you'd laugh at me :D) but I had lab today. Bah..

It's fun to scream at the tv when they get the most obvious answers wrong. Like on Hollywood Squares when the guy picked freakin' Bear in the Big Blue House (Disney Show) and he got a question about Winnie the Pooh of all things, and the guy $@$@#! disagreed with his answer! HE @$%@#!$ WORKS FOR DISNEY! God! There was another one with Matrix questions and they couldn't !@#%@%# get Zion as the underground city (or whatever the question said). Another chick couldn't figure out the anogram in "NEO" and "ONE" (Neo being "the One") when it was so damn obvious (at least the second person got that). But yeah, I usually school most of the people on Jeopardy on the pop-culture type topics like that (but then they do something like famous authors or asian countries I've never heard of and I have no clue :D). Although I will say one thing, I don't remember what day it was, but once I got every single question on one half of the show right.. they were like all pop culture questions and I was totally owning all the contestants..

Eddy
11-13-2003, 04:29 AM
People don't know everything I guess.:cool:

inori
11-13-2003, 04:49 AM
It's fun to laugh at people who miss the "obvious" things, but what's obvious to us isn't so obvious when there are TV lights in your face, cameras and a studio audience watching you, and those little lights that tick away the five seconds you get to answer. Of course, that doesn't make laughing at them any less entertaining.

I guess they throw the game, pop culture, and similar categories in to trip up the people who just inhale encyclopedias and then show up to rake in dough. :shrug:

Zilla
11-13-2003, 07:31 AM
Heh, I've never actually seen a full episode of Jepoardy, hailing from europe N 'all.

They have questions about The Matrix now?! That they're asking to older contestants? Wow, It's amazing how quickly it's imbedded itself into popular culture, even if some people only enjoy it for the action sequences.....;)

Feasul
11-13-2003, 04:11 PM
Alright, 'Lock, you've sparked my curiosity. What show do you watch before tuning in to Jeopardy?

Back on topic, I usually like to play along with like, my dad or someone. I don't do too bad. Each question is worth 1 point, first person to shout out answer gets a point, final jeopardy we wager points when the topic is announced and then when the question (or answer, really) is asked, we write down the answer (i mean question). One time the topic for FJ was Nonfiction Books, so I only wagered a point, but the question was something like "Who is subject of the biography 'the road to middle earth'?"
Me, being a Tolkien fan (see name/avatar) of course knew the answer and my dad didn't, but since I only wagered 1 point I still lost.:cry:

Grasshopper
11-13-2003, 05:53 PM
Warlock, is it "Wheel of Fortune"?

I was like screaming at the TV too. They showed a picture of Rugby 2004 from EA, and had to guess the sport it was, the guy said soccer. Hmm, I've not seen a soccer game where you run with the ball. Any who doesn't know what movie Light Cycles come from. It practically came on all the time on the Disney channel during the 80s

Warlock
11-13-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Grasshopper
Warlock, is it "Wheel of Fortune"?

I was like screaming at the TV too. They showed a picture of Rugby 2004 from EA, and had to guess the sport it was, the guy said soccer. Hmm, I've not seen a soccer game where you run with the ball. Any who doesn't know what movie Light Cycles come from. It practically came on all the time on the Disney channel during the 80s

Nope.. I will say it was a cartoon and leave it at that :D And actually I forgot that their schedule changed so I don't really watch Jeopardy anymore anyways.

Oh, and who can't figure out Rugby? They all wear those tacky checkered shirts! How can you confuse that with soccer?

Edit: Nevermind, Jeopardy is on twice now..

Oh, and on tonights, they had the !#%#@% easiest Star Trek catagory ever. Every question was about characters and the actors that played them (i.e. "Who played Cpt. Kirk?"). One showed a pic of Deforest Kelly and the IDIOT called him Data!! haha.. considering it was ST: THE ORIGINAL SERIES.. wow.. heh.. no one could get the $1000 question either which was the Dylithium Crystals.. haha.. morons..