PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Cobain Diaries

linkofzelda1
11-12-2003, 10:35 AM
Ok, surprisingly, most people at my school haven't a freaking clue who Kurt Cobain is, so I'll say this now: He's the lead singer of Nirvana.

Anyway, a while ago I bought the Kurt Cobain diaries that Courtney Love put out. My only regret in buying them was that she made a profit from the sale. They are really interesting. Has anyone else read them? If not, go buy it. It's $20, but it's totally worth it if you like his music.

Verman
11-12-2003, 10:44 AM
Cobain was a god. I love Nirvana. Yes there are alot of younger kids I know who have no clue who he is too! Like i mean 17-18 year olds. Pisses me off ;)

I own that book as well but ive never read it! I hate stupid head Courtny Love-Hole. Ah well...

Goat
11-12-2003, 01:15 PM
WHAT?!?! They dont know who kurt cobain is? Well its obvious that you goto school with a bunch of fags.

theplustwo
11-12-2003, 01:22 PM
I think he's over-rated. People get badly influenced by him. He was grunge, not goth or metal. Although some people are influenced well by him. Nirvana's good, but still I think people give them a little too much credit. I personally prefer the Pixies.

Lilith
11-12-2003, 04:04 PM
The Pixies are teh r0xx0r, Kurt Cobain himself said they were one of the main influences on his music (Gouge Away supposedly inspired Smells Like Teen Spirit). I also <3 Nirvana and Kurt Cobain is teh G0d. I haven't read the diaries yet though, because I'm broke and when I get money I usually spend it on CDs or DVDs or something...

cyberkiller6276
11-12-2003, 04:26 PM
It's true that Kurt Cobain is overrated nowadays. Alot (and I mean alot) of guitarists at my school say Kurt Cobain is their idol. So you wan't to go out and Shoot a bullet through your head? Well, I have to give them credit for knowing who he is anyway.

On a sidenote, Kurt Cobain, technically, was not a good gutarist. He sorta had his own way of playing the guitar. people just wen't with it. Don't get me wrong. Nirvana is awesome, their music is awesome.

TheGeepster
11-12-2003, 07:06 PM
So when's Kurt Cobain's next appearance? (Just kidding, I know who he was in life, and heard something about his death.)

He was fairly popular a few years ago, but I suspect some of the material he sang about influenced those who listened to it in a negative way. He struck me as having a pessimistic and possibly fatalistic viewpoint, and this jives with thoughts of suicide..

However, my exposure to Kurt Cobain is rather limited, and so perhaps these may be mistaken impressions.

linkofzelda1
11-13-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Goat
WHAT?!?! They dont know who kurt cobain is? Well its obvious that you goto school with a bunch of fags.

So true. Small schools suck.

I don't think he is overrated one bit; I am an avid guitarist, and he is my idol, as well. That does not mean I want to shoot a bullet through my head.

It's true that he wasn't a very good guitarist, though. He never attemped to learn music theory, and even states in his diary that it is a waste of time.

njptoo86
11-13-2003, 07:32 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by linkofzelda1
[B]Ok, surprisingly, most people at my school haven't a freaking clue who Kurt Cobain is, so I'll say this now:

what kind of back water school do you go to

linkofzelda1
11-13-2003, 10:18 AM
Oregon Episcopal School, a private school with fags and preppy rich kids. I'm so out of place.

Ibis, God of Magicks
11-14-2003, 03:22 AM
Originally posted by cyberkiller6276

On a sidenote, Kurt Cobain, technically, was not a good gutarist. He sorta had his own way of playing the guitar. people just wen't with it.

No, that is what made him a good guitarist. There are hundreds of thousand of guitarists out there that play the exact same, that can play perfectly, but do you know any of them? Its the people that do thier own thing that stand out in the crowd. Take Hindrix fr example, he was a sloppy player, and was often off-key, but his music still rocked.

Michael Moore
11-14-2003, 03:17 PM
Kurt Cobain is a God to Rock/Grunge and Smells like teen spirit is the anthem of the 90's. I'll definetly look into this. :)

Dechipher
11-14-2003, 05:37 PM
Cobain was awesome, yet overrated. I feel that his music wasn't the best in the world, but he still had plenty of talent, uncreditted for.