PDA

View Full Version : Square-Enix greatest hits for the holiday season!

vegeta1215
11-12-2003, 12:05 AM
I came across this online at the RPGfan site:

Square Enix Sends Many PSOne Titles to Greatest Hits Factory
11.04.03 - 2:09 AM

Square Enix announced today that they would be bolstering their Greatest Hits lineup on some of their PSOne titles. In addition to the already-released Final Fantasy X and Kingdom Hearts, Square Enix announced that many of their harder-to-find PSOne titles would become Greatest Hits, as well. The full line of additions will be Xenogears, Final Fantasy Chronicles, Final Fantasy Anthology, and Vagrant Story.

All of these titles are scheduled to be released in December for "under $20 USD", suggesting a $19.99 price tag. Gamers who missed the first two runs of Xenogears should be especially pleased to have another chance at it.

Sounds pretty sweet. I wanted to get a copy of FF Anthology and FF Chronicles, but they're so hard to find, not to mention expensive. I wonder if these greatest hits versions will have fewer load time issues than the originals? I heard horror stories about those load times...

Daarkseid
11-12-2003, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by vegeta1215
I wonder if these greatest hits versions will have fewer load time issues than the originals? I heard horror stories about those load times...

Absolutely not. The only thing about the "greatest hits" line that is different is packaging. The games themselves are unchanged.

Gerudo
11-12-2003, 03:25 AM
im seeing the majority of these games at an EBGames store down the road from me, and XenoGears is STILL 45 bucks!!!

good news for RPG fans :D

vegeta1215
11-12-2003, 12:38 PM
Oh well. Even if they still have the loading time issues, they'd still be worth getting I think.

I wish they'd release Legend of Mana as a greatest hits, or at least lower the price a little. I wanna play it, but everwhere I look it's selling for $40, which is too much for me.

Warlock
11-12-2003, 08:19 PM
Final Fantasy Anthology

*joy*

TheGeepster
11-12-2003, 08:29 PM
I managed to find and snag a copy of FF Anthology recently. I still lack Chronology though..

I'm working on job mastery on FFV in the area just before Neo-Exdeath.. All my guys are at about Lev 45, too. This means I may have to head out and level in order to stand a chance againt the final boss (The

Haven't played the FF6 part of it yet (or again, rather; since FF6 was released over here previously.)

Daarkseid
11-12-2003, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by TheGeepster
I managed to find and snag a copy of FF Anthology recently. I still lack Chronology though..

I'm working on job mastery on FFV in the area just before Neo-Exdeath.. All my guys are at about Lev 45, too. This means I may have to head out and level in order to stand a chance againt the final boss

Actually, levels in FFV are far less important than Job levels..

In fact, as long as your characters have the RedX2 ability and the ultimate spells(Flare, Meteor, Holy, Bahamut), you can pretty much demolish the final boss.