PDA

View Full Version : Joke: Top 7 Idiots of The Year

Prrkitty
11-10-2003, 11:47 PM
Number One Idiot:
I am a medical student currently doing a rotation in toxicology at the poison control center. Today, this woman called in very upset because she caught her little daughter eating ants. I quickly reassured her that the ants are not harmful and there would be no need to bring her daughter into the hospital. She calmed down and at the end of the conversation happened to mention that she gave her daughter some ant poison to eat in order to kill the ants. I told her that she better bring her daughter into the Emergency room right away. Here's your sign, lady. Wear it with pride.

Number Two Idiot:
Early this year, some Boeing employees on the airfield decided to steal a life raft from one of the 747s. They were successful in getting it out of the plane and home. Shortly after they took it for a float on the river they noticed a Coast Guard helicopter coming towards them. It turned out that the chopper was homing in on the emergency locator beacon that activated when the raft was inflated. They are no longer employed at Boeing. Here's your
sign, guys. Don't get it wet; the paint might run.

Number Three Idiot:
A man, wanting to rob a downtown Bank of America, walked into the Branch and wrote "this iz a stikkup. Put all your muny in this bag." While standing in line, waiting to give his note to the teller, he began to worry that someone had seen him write the note and might call the police before he reached the teller's window. So he left the Bank of America and crossed the street to the Wells Fargo Bank. After waiting a few minutes in line, he handed his note to the Wells Fargo teller. She read it and, surmising from his spelling errors that he wasn't the brightest light in the harbor, told him that she could not accept his stickup note because it was written on a Bank of America deposit slip and that he would either have to fill out a Wells Fargo deposit slip or go back to Bank of America. Looking somewhat defeated, the man said, "OK" and left. He was arrested a few minutes later, as he was waiting in line back at Bank of
America. Don't bother with this guy's sign. He probably couldn't read it anyway.

Number Four Idiot:
A motorist was unknowingly caught in an automated speed trap that measured his speed using radar and photographed his car. He later received in the
mail a ticket for $40 and a photo of his car. Instead of payment, he sent the police department a photograph of $40. Several days later, he received a letter from the police that contained another picture, this time of handcuffs. He immediately mailed in his $40. Another sign (though this guy might be onto something worth thinking about)!

Number Five Idiot:
A guy walked into a little corner store with a shotgun and demanded all of the cash from the cash drawer. After the cashier put the cash in a bag, the robber saw a bottle of Scotch that he wanted behind the counter on the shelf. He told the cashier to put it in the bag as well, but the cashier refused and said, "Because I don't believe you are over 21."The robber said he was, but the clerk still refused to give it to him because he didn't believe him. At this point, the robber took his driver's license out of his wallet and gave it to the clerk. The clerk looked it over and agreed that the man was in fact over 21 and he put the Scotch in the bag. The robber then ran from the store with his loot. The cashier promptly called the police and gave the name and address of the robber that he got off the license. They arrested the robber two hours later. This guy definitely needs a sign.

Idiot Number Six:
A pair of Michigan robbers entered a record shop nervously waving revolvers. The first one shouted, "Nobody move!" When his partner moved, the
startled first bandit shot him. This guy doesn't need a sign; he probably figured it out himself.

Idiot Number Seven:
Arkansas: Seems this guy wanted some beer pretty badly. He decided that he'd just throw a cinder block through a liquor store window, grab some
booze, and run. So he lifted the cinder block and heaved it over his head at the window. The cinder block bounced back and hit the would-be thief on the head, knocking him unconscious. It seems the liquor store window was made of Plexiglass. The whole event was caught on videotape. Oh, that smarts. Give him his sign.

Please note that all of the above people are allowed to vote.

Dracula
11-10-2003, 11:59 PM
:rofl:

gawd bles amarickuh and itz grate edjoo-cashin sistim!!!!!1

ShadowTiger
11-11-2003, 12:25 AM
:rofl: :rofl:
..:rofl:

Heck, these are great. :) Thank you. :)

There was also a guy in a massive tractor-trailer who was delivering goods across a busy highway. He saw one particular route with a bridge was going much faster, so decided to take that route. He approached the bridge with confidence, but with a huge *SLAM,* got stuck. At least an hour later, a proverbial Andy-Dick situation arises, when the truck driver exclaims to the police-man on the scene, when asked how he got stuck, the driver replied "I was carrying a bridge.:rolleyes: " DUH! Here's your sign.

slothman
11-11-2003, 12:30 AM
Those are funny. I need to know what is this "sign" they keep talking about? It makes no sence.
P.S. the FOTF gifs are all aligned as opposed to being in different parts of the cycle from each other. Just an odd fact.

linkofzelda1
11-11-2003, 12:55 AM
Heheheh. There was also this guy that robbed a 7-11, and while he was doing so, his getaway car was stolen. Lmao.

Dracula
11-11-2003, 01:18 AM
...Here we have a drunk driver on the road... He's driving, well, drunk! Swirving through the middle on on the gravel, whatever... So, the guy swrives off the road, into the ditch, and has plowed himself into a telephone pole. Sice he's, well, drunk, he has to get out to find out why his car isn't moving... Just as he gets out, an oncoming car hits him. The other driver was his wife, and was drunk as well. Two signs.

inori
11-11-2003, 05:00 AM
Originally posted by Prrkitty
Please note that all of the above people are allowed to vote.

Well, no... those who are in jail don't get to vote (thankfully).

The world is full of idiots... I like the police's tactic in #4. :lmao:

moocow
11-11-2003, 08:29 AM
LMAO, those are great, Prr :)

Prrkitty
11-11-2003, 03:58 PM
Inori.... it wasn't necessarily part of what "I" said... but part of the information that was sent to me.

Hopefully none of them really actually get to vote.

Ultra22Lemming
11-11-2003, 05:09 PM
I can remember a couple that I've heard before.

A man who just robbed a store is in one of those high speed chases with the police. A couple minutes during the chase, his car runs out of gas. He then gets out of the car and pushes it.

A robber goes into a store to rob it. He looks around the store pretending to be a normal customer. He grabs an item puts it next to the cash register with a 20 dollar bill and hands the man behind the counter a note which reads, "Give me all the cash in the register. I have a gun." The clerk immediatly grabs a bag and puts all the cash in it. The robber looks inside the register to make sure he put it all in. When he looked inside the register and sees no cash in it, he quickly ran out the door leaving the 20 dollar bill. There was $16 in the bag.

TheGeepster
11-11-2003, 09:28 PM
I saw the first one on video, UltraLemming...

The police let him push the car for a good ways and waited for him to tire before they arrested him.

"Here's Your Sign" is a reference from famed comedian Jeff Foxworthy. It's a symbol of someone's blatant stupidity. (Picture a sign around the person's neck with the word "Stupid" on it.)

Ich
11-11-2003, 11:28 PM
A man broke into a house, had all the stuff bagged up and ready to go. The family comes home, and he's still there, playing on the N64.

People who do stupid things (and die) also get Darwin Awards (http://www.darwinawards.com).

KJAZZ
11-12-2003, 09:07 PM
lol, funny stuff.

I had a couple of books, "America's stupidest crimincals," those were pretty funny, lots of stories about idiotic crimes. I'll have to look for them one of these days..

Ganonator
11-13-2003, 12:23 AM
When it comes to stupid criminals, I have the same stance as Jay Leno - hi-fucking-larious

Originally posted by TheGeepster
"Here's Your Sign" is a reference from famed comedian Jeff Foxworthy. It's a symbol of someone's blatant stupidity. (Picture a sign around the person's neck with the word "Stupid" on it.)

Um.. no. Check yer references, k, buckerroo?

The first "Here's your sign" reference was by a country comedian named Bill Engvall who produced a CD with the same name back in '96. Other comedians have done cameos to this concept, including but not limited to Jeff Foxworthy, Rodney Carrington, and Ron White.

Let that be your trivia for the day.

TheGeepster
11-13-2003, 02:27 AM
Thanks for correcting me on that Ganonator.. I had only ever heard Mr Foxworthy use it.. (Of course, he's never been accused of originality, come to think of it..)

Where's my sign now? :shrug:

inori
11-13-2003, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by Prrkitty
Inori.... it wasn't necessarily part of what "I" said... but part of the information that was sent to me.

Hopefully none of them really actually get to vote.

Ah, I see. Didn't realize that.

Well, I wouldn't bet on any of these people being able to figure out how to vote in any case... :laughing:

Axel
11-14-2003, 04:42 PM
I got this out of a Darwin Awards book:
A man desperate for cash tried armed robery, it was apparently his first attempt because he made several major mistakes. He attempted to rob a gun store, walked right by a police car on his way in, and failed to note the officer in uniform right next to the counter. He pulled a gun and demanded money, and was immediately shot by both the officer and the clientele. No one but the would-be thief was harmed.

TheGeepster
11-14-2003, 07:47 PM
I believe Axel's Darwin-Award winner attempted this in a state where gun ownership was high, too, if I recall right..

At least he can't vote now! (At least not without the aid of certain politcal advocacy groups)

One I heard was about a couple of guys who decided to try and rip out an ATM machine with their truck. They tied a chain around the machine, hooked the other end to the bumper, and started their attempt. Their bumper gave way first though..

In a state of panic, they fled the scene of the crime, lest they be discovered. The chain was still hooked to the ATM. The bumper was hooked to the chain. And the license plate was on the bumper..

If ever someone was in need of a good exit strategy, it was these guys..

Lilith
11-14-2003, 11:05 PM
LOL, stupid people rock! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: