PDA

View Full Version : the newest MMORPG

Gerudo
11-10-2003, 07:19 PM
Clickity... (http://www.gamespot.com/gamespot/features/all/gamespotting/071103minusworld/1.html)

:laughing:

i cant say much without saying any spoilers to the content... so ill let it speak for itself... ;)

Banedon
11-10-2003, 07:55 PM
Hmm..."real life"? Never heard of it. Odd title though.

Xyvol
11-10-2003, 08:11 PM
I've been playing that one and the only thing can say is... I want my money back.

Carmine
11-10-2003, 09:22 PM
Well, I've been playing for awhile now. I have a few tips for newcomers.

Tip 3: Back, Down, Forward + SP = your fatty character will kill-over upon getting up to perform the move. Pretty neat, huh?

Tip 12: Consuming the mystical 'battery-acid' will reveal the most colorful ending in the game.

Tip 23: Complete the game in under 7:15 to unlock God-mode.

Tip 67: To play as 'Keanu Reeves' (Exceeelent), simple make your way to the ruins of Wal-Mart and partake the legendary 'fishing string' and tug it around your neck tightly to boast it's hidden technique. After the air to your head has been shut off to a mere 23%, your ready to die from a variety of things :thumbsup: .

Needless to say I'm still awaiting the stragety guide. Forget the name of the book, but it was writin by some jewish dudes :shrug: .

linkofzelda1
11-10-2003, 10:13 PM
I have yet to play this fantastic game. Maybe I should get off my computer chair and go buy a copy. :tongue:

Rainman
11-10-2003, 11:29 PM
I wouldn't say that it's new. I've been playing it all my life.

stormwatcheagle
11-11-2003, 01:19 AM
I dono, i've heard that it's very conterversial. Apparently, there's a lot of violence, drug use, and sex. I don't think Joe would like this one...

But while we're on the subject, does anyone know how to get past the High School stage? I'm stuck and have no idea where to go...

Dracula
11-11-2003, 01:25 AM
This game is really hard... I'm stuck on the very first driving level. That and I'm aslo trying to get past all the dating levels, those suck. The cutscenes at the end of each sequence hurt enough to make you cry! Geez, and you thought the ending to FFX was a tear-jerker... :( Other than that, this game sucks.

linkofzelda1
11-11-2003, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Dracula
Other than that, this game sucks.

Amen.

Dart Zaidyer
11-11-2003, 01:56 AM
This game is terrible. The majority of the players are corrupted and/or incredibly stupid, and it's only getting worse. They're undermining the experience, even the point of the game, for everyone else.

Not only that, when you get your account and join the game, you're greeted with a rather nasty little feature that somehow blocks out your true self. It takes a good, long while to figure out that you're a player, and not a character within the game.

There are also many player-written strategy guides attempting to explain everything, some more popular (and preposterous) than others. So far, there is only one Official guide by the game's Creator, but many players seem to be easily confused or downright aggravated by its complexity and dual historical/strategic writing structure, and choose to ignore every bit of useful information it has.

In all, not a game worth playing. Get the guide and find the way to cancel your subscription without the penalty cancellation fee.

Banedon
11-11-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Dracula
This game is really hard... I'm stuck on the very first driving level. That and I'm aslo trying to get past all the dating levels, those suck. The cutscenes at the end of each sequence hurt enough to make you cry! Geez, and you thought the ending to FFX was a tear-jerker... :( Other than that, this game sucks.

I waas never able to pass the driving levels...which will probably cause my character transportation problems in the future. And I haven't even gotten to the dating levels yet.

This game is way overrated if you ask me.

Slider Zero
11-11-2003, 01:11 PM
Hmph. I'm still working on the College levels...and the assorted minigames that go with. I seem to have gotten my char into the "depressive laziness feedback" loop, and don't know how to get out of it. any suggestions?

Tsukuru
11-11-2003, 02:05 PM
Real life is by far the greatest MMORPG I've ever played. It's so good I find myself playing it every hour of the day. Sure, sometimes the gameplay may be a bit drab, but when you get out and explore the world is when it really gets interesting. Perhaps the most important factor contributing to the real life's playability is the interaction with other human beings, which can be quite enjoyable. :saint:

TheGeepster
11-11-2003, 09:15 PM
I understand that many players are trying to figure out the whole purpose of the game. Many have found a purpose for themselves, but no one reason seems to apply to everyone.

I think that the purpose is found in interacting with the other players, obviously. But I want to find out from the Author why He made this game.

Excellent article by the way! :D

plith
11-12-2003, 01:15 AM
Hahahahahaha, we all get the point. The next one to post talking about real life as a game gets words that describe my foot moving towards his mouth. The joke ended at the end of the article. Or, at the very most, at the "I want my money back" comment. After that, it just started getting sad.

I'm a killjoy.

TheGeepster
11-12-2003, 02:53 AM
Hey now, we're just adding little nuances and interesting takes to what was written, just like we would for any game review.. Is that so wrong?

(If so, might I suggest "Real Life" to pass your time? :tongue:)