PDA

View Full Version : What's a good Online Diary or Journal?

Monica
11-10-2003, 06:58 PM
I'd really like my own online diary or journal. What is the best one? I just tried MyDiary.org but it kicked me out when I tried to submit my first entry, saying I was idle. My entry was long. Is there one that won't do that?

Gerudo
11-10-2003, 07:21 PM
livejournal.com or xanga.com are seemingly the most popular among this community...

the majority here use xanga... :)

Rainman
11-10-2003, 08:59 PM
For me personally, I'm making my own web page, but I'm guessing that's not an option for you. Other than the ones listed there's also www.blogger.com. I can't really attest to it's quality though.

Carmine
11-10-2003, 09:34 PM
The most widely used blogs I've come across have to be 'Blogger' or 'xanga'. I've only had some experience with Blogger, and it seems decent enough. Most "skins" on Blogger come with a comment system. Blogger also has a pretty good range of control. I don't know if the others allow this, but Blogger allows you to have like, mods and what not.

On the other hand, like Gerudo said, the majorities here use Xanga. I don't know much about Xanga, but if I'm correct, Xanga allows you to "link" with other Xanga blogs. Therefore, more purpose in a "community" if that’s of any interest :shrug: .

Clueless Blonde
11-10-2003, 11:29 PM
I've been using xanga.com for almost 2 years, and I love it. 'course every site has its technical problems every now and then, but it hasn't given me too many fits.

www.xanga.com/cblonde - that's me. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help you get started! :thumbsup:

moocow
11-10-2003, 11:52 PM
I use Xanga.com as well. The link to my blog is in my sig. I like it - I've been there for about 2 years as well

Ibis, God of Magicks
11-11-2003, 12:00 AM
Xanga is the shizzle fo rizzle

deathbyhokie
11-11-2003, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Ibis, God of Magicks
Xanga is the shizzle fo rizzle

he's right. join the AGN blogring if you sign up there too. and let the whole of us know you're there

AlexMax
11-11-2003, 01:07 AM
I use xanga. Try it, you might like it...

Paradox
11-11-2003, 01:59 AM
I've gone between Xanga and MindSay, but Xanga's better.

Foxy
11-11-2003, 03:30 AM
Xanga it is! ;) I've been there for a long time now as well, and have to agree that it's one of the best weblog places out there.

:thumbsup:

Tudorcat
11-11-2003, 08:49 AM
Yep its pretty easy to set up too, even a totall nut like me managed to do it with a little help from my friends.

:kitty:

cyberkitten
11-11-2003, 12:54 PM
i actually have two, one on xanga and one on livejournal. you need a signup code for livejournal tho - i have extras if you want one. i signed up for xanga first, but livejournal had a LOT more options at the time, like protected posts, friends only posts, private posts, cute little mood icons (yeah, i know there's no additional function there but it IS cute). xanga has *most* of that stuff now, so i'm kinda debating on whether i should just pick one. but i usually have slightly different content on each one, since there's the AGN group on xanga and my grrl group community on the other one.

Raichu86
11-11-2003, 01:03 PM
If you ever have access to a webserver with PHP on it, ask me and I'll lend you my blog script. :)

Dracula
11-11-2003, 01:42 PM
I'm a little fuzzy on this Weblog sorta thing... Is this pretty much an online diary or whatever? Sounds like something interesting to get into... :)

Monica
11-11-2003, 05:36 PM
Thanks for your suggestions, everyone. I've found on I really like at MyDearDiary.com. Link's in my sig. :)

Gerudo
11-11-2003, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by Dracula
I'm a little fuzzy on this Weblog sorta thing... Is this pretty much an online diary or whatever? Sounds like something interesting to get into... :) yea, the stuff suggested here are sites for online diaries... pretty good if you feel like sharing personal things with the world :D