PDA

View Full Version : When D&D'ers Don't Stop Playing.

ShadowTiger
11-10-2003, 04:05 PM
I'm not sure which forum this goes in. Sorry.

During the summer, I went to play D&D with a group of friends from my school. It was very interesting, but we got a bit out of hand during the wee hours of the morning when the DM (Dungeon Master / Narrator.) wouldn't let us leave, because we had to kill 3 Wyverns. (Very difficult, when you're on a ship, and when one dies, everyone has to make a roll to see if it falls on the boat, and if it does, a roll to see if you fall overboard and die.:eyebrow: )

One of the things that happened during the meet, (Once again, where everyone was VERY TIRED!!!) ... I'll just give you the conversation.

DM(Sleepy): The wyvern drops a chest. Who will open it?
Knight(Sleepy): I'll do *yawn* it.
DM(Sleepy): The chest opens without a hitch. You find an apple inside. Who will eat it?
Paladin(Sleepy)(Me): I'll be the brave one. I'll eat it.
DM(Sleepy... OK, everyone from now on is sleepy. Got it?): Alright then, Josh. You eat the apple. It tastes good.
DM(Sleepy.. duh.): There is also a chicken leg. Who wants it?
Cleric: I'll take it.
DM: You eat the chicken leg. It is tasty.
DM: There is also a scoll of magic arrow. Who wants it?
Paladin(ME): I'll take it.
DM: You take the scroll of magic arrow. It tastes good.

:laughing:

Another thing that happened, was that we were all commenting on the Ranger's 5 foot pole. (No sexual references, of course. We're geeks. :D :P ) We recommended him to use that pole for everything. EVERYTHING! :eek: He knocked out a dark elf using that pole before any of us even got to take out our swords. He turned that pole into a torch, a ladder, a boat oar, and a rung on some steps. When we all lost it, we actually had a funeral for it.

My sister tends to play a happy-go-lucky-eat-the-squirrel summoner / Druid. She once summoned a bear, but forgot where to put it when it was summoned, so we never got to see the bear fight. About half an hour later, when we encountered a pack of Dark Elves with vicious swords, a large brown bear fell from the sky and squashed all of our foes for us. We were laughing beyond belief. (At this point, someone was already sleeping though.)

Pretty funny. I'll never forget those times.

stormwatcheagle
11-10-2003, 06:23 PM
LOL! Ah, D&D is a good game.