PDA

View Full Version : DNF updates?

Predcon1
11-10-2003, 09:58 AM
Ok, I know that 3dRealms aren't offering any release dates for this game that's been in development for nigh on seven years, but are they at least releasing any progress reports? If so, where?

linkofzelda1
11-10-2003, 12:26 PM
It's STILL in development?? I just checked the site, and nothing was there in relation to its progress.

I checked the forums, and it said the reason it is taking to long is because they started the game over twice.

Blonde799
11-10-2003, 12:48 PM
I heard it was delayed because it's still undecided on who should pay for development or something related to it. Whatever though, my patience on that thing is long gone.

Predcon1
11-10-2003, 05:04 PM
It'd be cool if 3DRealms teamed up with Epic Megagames for this one.

The two software giants both put out some awesome shareware titles back when 3DR was still known as Apogee

Grasshopper
11-10-2003, 05:28 PM
Well, it pretty much changed game engines 2 times already. Way back in '98 it was running off the Quake II engine, then switched over to Unreal engine in '99-'00. Now its supposedly running on the Unreal Warfare engine thats in UT 2003. Check the Udn site. Its listed under the games

http://udn.epicgames.com/pub/Powered/WebHome/

Its funny how companies actually make dates up for this thing. We have new games coming out next year that run on some serious juice. Half-Life 2 and Doom 3. Who wants to make a bet that they jump ship again?

You think they would still have some content. The only thing they released was some video trailer back at E3 2001.

War Lord
11-11-2003, 02:04 AM
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/216810.asp

AlexMax
11-11-2003, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by War Lord
http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/216810.asp

That's a speculated release date. Unless something official is announced from 3D Realms, that date is wrong.

King
11-16-2003, 11:36 AM
Are there people still looking out for this game? The last time I saw anything on DNF was in the December 1999 issue of PC Gamer.

Predcon1
11-16-2003, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by AlexMax
That's a speculated release date. Unless something official is announced from 3D Realms, that date is wrong.

It even says on the 3DR website that companies like EB and Gamestop are posting supposed ETA's in order to get that extra cash.

From 3DRealms website
No, you cannot pre-order the game. If you see some online store saying "We are taking pre-orders", they're just trying to get your money (they usually also make up their own supposed "insider release date info", too). There is no release date set, we are not taking pre-orders for the game. End of story.

Once we begin taking pre-orders, believe us, you'll know about it. :)

The release date of this game is "When it's done". Anything else, and we mean anything else is someone's speculation. There is no date. We don't know any date. If you have a friend who claims they have "inside info", or there's some game news site, or some computer store at the mall who claims they know - they do not. They are making it up. There is no date. Period.

Grasshopper
11-17-2003, 03:39 PM
Since when does 3drealms take pre-orders? I thought it was the retailer that does that? And of course they want your money. Is 3d realms crazy? Every retailer wants money. Even if you don't pre-order the game, you have buy it someone. I don't think I can pull it out of my...anyway :laughing:

King
11-18-2003, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Grasshopper
Since when does 3drealms take pre-orders? I thought it was the retailer that does that? And of course they want your money. Is 3d realms crazy? Every retailer wants money. Even if you don't pre-order the game, you have buy it someone. I don't think I can pull it out of my...anyway :laughing:

I think 3D Realms meant that a store can't take pre-orders for one of their games unless it's approved by them.

Grasshopper
11-18-2003, 03:06 PM
Well, they are.