PDA

View Full Version : If you or someone you know likes to bake...

moocow
11-09-2003, 06:40 PM
I *love* to bake. I haven't done it much in the past few years, but I'm really getting into it now. Last night, my dad bought my mom this Christmas Cookies cook book. I stole it :sb:

I made something today, Cranberry Cheese Squares. Only, I used Blueberries instead... lol

Here's the recipe:

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 1/2 cups oats

1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened

3/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar

1 tablespoon light brown sugar

1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened

1 14-ounce can Sweetened Condensed Milk (*NOT* Evaporated Milk!)

1/4 cup lemon juice

1 16-ounce can of some kind of pie filling, or whatever you want, I suppose

2 tablespoons cornstarch

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Prepare 13 x 9-inch baking pan by spraying with non-stick cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, beat flour, oats, butter and 3/4 cup brown sugar until crumbly. Reserve 1 1/2 cups crumb mixture. Press remaining crumb mixture firmly on bottom of prepared pan. Bake 15 minutes or until lightly browned.

Meanwhile, in medium mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in condensed milk until smooth, stir in lemon juice. Spread over baked crust. In another medium mixing bowl, combine pie filling, cornstarch and remaining 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Spoon over cheese layrer. Top with reserved crumb mixture.

Bake 45 minutes or until golden. Cool and cut into bars. Store covered in refrigerator.

Tip: Cut into large squares. Serve warm and top with icecream.

~~~~~~~~~~~

This is some bad ass stuff. :)

Dechipher
11-09-2003, 06:46 PM
I know what to do now when I run out of Easy Mac ;)

Tudorcat
11-09-2003, 06:48 PM
I will try this one out as soon as my hand is all good again thanks for the tip.

:kitty:

Dracula
11-09-2003, 06:51 PM
:blah: Sounds yummy!

Yeah, I love cooking, not just baking. Sometimes, when I bored, I just whip somethin' up and cook it. Usually it's a homemade pizza, Chicago Style... Oh, I love it... I also kick ass at cookies, cheesecake, scrambled eggs, pancakes, french toast, meat loaf, tacos, sloppy joes, and pretty much everything you could cook on an outdoor grill... :) food is awesome.

moocow
11-09-2003, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by Dracula
I also kick ass at... pancakes...

OMG, I make some BAD ASS pancakes! :)

Master Ghaleon
11-09-2003, 07:29 PM
I wanna eat ur cookies Moocow, send some through the mail with the xmas cards :) Actually I would like to make a carry out order please.

I would like a Coconut cake, dozen chocolate chip cookies and a dozen of butterscotch cookies. Thanks :)

cyberkiller6276
11-09-2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Dechipher
I know what to do now when I run out of Easy Mac ;) Ditto.

I find myself eating Easymac all the time. The stuff's addictive, eh?

As for the cheese squares, Moocow, I love cheese squares.

*File:Print*
*Runs to kitchen*

slothman
11-09-2003, 07:50 PM
Oddly enough I recently made bread. It's pretty easy too even with yeast.

moocow
11-10-2003, 12:30 AM
Oh yeah, well, I make pretzels for 7 hours a day, 4 days a week. Beat that, bitches :o

Ich
11-10-2003, 01:34 AM
I sell more food on weekends at the grocery store than you probably will ever make :p. I'll save that recipe too, thank you.

njptoo86
11-10-2003, 07:39 AM
i work at a resturant and a grocery store so beat that:blah:
and thanks for the recipe

moocow
11-10-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by ICHBINDASWALROSS
I sell more food on weekends at the grocery store than you probably will ever make :p. I'll save that recipe too, thank you.

I start out at Bear Creek tonight... so I'll be making pretzels for 7 hours a day, then selling fruit baskets for 5 hours a day. I think we're even ;)

Fiyerstorm
11-10-2003, 08:59 AM
Damn, I thought you meant...GET baked.

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude.

Really now. Baking is awesome!!! I made white cake the other day and used creamcheese frosting! :p

ShadowTiger
11-10-2003, 03:51 PM
Cool! Thanks Moocow. :) :kawaii: I'll try this out at home, I hope.

Here's one for you all. Peach Crumble. :p My favorite recipe.

Take a group of those graham crackers that you can break into even fourths, (Rectangular.) and put them in a plastic bag. Seal them tight. You should have about one third of the box in there. (Cinnamon flavor is preferred.) Then step on the bag (make sure it's sealed TIGHT! :eek: ) to crumble them all up.

Then take a large can of peaches, drain them a lot, and put them on a large cutting board. Separate them. Leave them there for about half an hour to allow them to dry -a little bit-. Then slice them up pretty small.

Combine the graham crackers and the diced peaches into a bowl, and put it into the fridge for a day to let the liquids soak into the graham crackers.

It's a pretty formidable desert. Enjoy. ;)

Yoshiman
11-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Those sound like some pretty good desserts:drool:. I might try them out sometime. I can't think of anything off of the top of my head, but I can make some pretty good waffles and pancakes. My dad made a blueberry pie, and the whole house smells good.
AND YOU DON"T GET ANY!!!!11 HAHAHAHAA!!!1

Nah, just kidding. I'd share ;)

Clueless Blonde
11-10-2003, 11:39 PM
Mmm... I love to bake, and that sounds wikkid good.

:thumbsup: