PDA

View Full Version : Wind Waker replay

idontknow
11-09-2003, 04:21 PM
I'm just wondering how replaying wind waker after having beaten it once is different than the original quest, other than the fact that you start w/ the "Deluxe Picto Box" and you keep your original clothing, rather than getting the Hero's Clothes--is that just it and basically the rest of the quest is the same, or no--is there more to it? what is the general replay value of this game? it took me only like 2 weeks to beat, maybe a lil more--also, i think the ending was pretty cheap--the final battle seemed pretty cool at first, but with 3 fairies & a full bottle of grandma's elixer, it really wasn't that hard and the final cutscene was really really stupid! your thoughts?...

Tudorcat
11-09-2003, 04:49 PM
The location of some treasures and treasure chests will be different, and that weird language used by that dragon in the game will be in English too but other than that its the same game (I think).

Yeah I totally found the end to be lame aswell, it took me just 3 tryes to finish him off.

:kitty:

gameguy032
11-09-2003, 04:49 PM
It took you two weeks to beat? Wow, it only took me three days and no guides to beat it. But that's just beating Ganondorf. I don't have all of the hearts or treasure chests yet. I JUST got that mask to see the enemy HP a couple weeks ago.

The only other difference in the "2nd Quest" is that Aryll has different clothes, too. Other than that, I don't know of any other changes. You'd think they'd make it harder or something.

[WARNING][Very likely a spoiler coming up][WARNING]

The final battle was really fun. But the final part of it where you block the arrow makes the battle a little lack-luster. Watching Zelda fire the arrows, you avoiding the twin swords, and trying to get in any hits you can was what made it fun. ...and bubbles with character faces in it for the ending credits... what's that? I was hoping for an epilogue or something. Ocarina had the whole of Hyrule celebrating. You'd think that, despite that great ocean's distance people could still celebrate "Link's" victory.

Petoe
11-09-2003, 05:09 PM
Well in my opinion the only good part of the game was the final battle and the final cutscene was just awesome. Other than that, I think the game totally.. sucked. :(
It was too easy, too short, the music was lame and all the bosses were recycled... :(

Tudorcat
11-09-2003, 05:12 PM
Yeah the worst part in the entire game in my opinion was the fact that it was the same bosses all over again and again and again.....boring.

:kitty:

Melonhead
11-09-2003, 08:15 PM
The part of that game I liked was the deep cave, the one that had tons of levels?
Me and my friends spent a good weekend on that one.

vegeta1215
11-09-2003, 11:46 PM
A Tudorcat mentioned, the treasures that you need to dredge up from the botton of the sea with your hookshot/crane are in different places, BUT more importantly, the maps that lead to the treasures are different and the part of the island you can actually see on the map is alot smaller and harder to differentiate.

I had fun playing Wind Waker the second time through. I liked how Link was in his pajamas, and everyone referred to him as "The boy in BLUE with the lobster on his shirt", lol. Collecting all the trophies was very time consuming, but fun. Some shots were very difficult to get. I also got all the heart pieces (which I didn't do the first time through - there are just too many), did all the mini-games, and collected all the items that the eskimo guy on Windfall island sells (his stand extends alot farther)

Kirby of Doom
11-10-2003, 01:28 AM
Despite what others have said in the past, I think the graphics, while an unusual choice, were done very well. The music I think is ok too. I'm on the second quest, although I don't spend a lot of time on it.

linkofzelda1
11-10-2003, 10:09 PM
In my opinion, Wind Waker was the first Zelda to truly suck. I hates almost every bit of it, though the graphics were done well. The gameplay was terrible and got old (much) sooner than later. I realize in saying this that I am the only one in the entire world with this opinion, so shoot me now. :D

Kirby of Doom
11-10-2003, 11:28 PM
I think the gameplay is pretty good. I agree that some parts are rediculous, especially looking for triforce pieces.

ShadowTiger
11-10-2003, 11:54 PM
Oh.. Oh, I didn't think it was that bad. I rather enjoyed it, actually. I mean, why go to all that trouble to make a Zelda Game just to throw it in the trash. :shrug:

I loved the general premise... aww heck, ya just can't "explain" something like this. Placing the pots around Windfall town wasn't bad, but fun, because I had 5000 rupees anyway. :shrug: It was the sea-collection of the triforce that I disliked. You had to get 8 maps, each of which was a major hassle, then you had to get about 3,200 rupees to pay off Tingle, (Coulda just blackmailed the sucker instead. :rolleyes: But NO-oo-OO-oo-OO! ) Then we have to sail the seas to get the itty-bitty triforce bits and pieces. .. Joy. ..

The battles were very fun though. This game had A LOT of combat. At least 3 combat sequences were in the game, where you had to battle your way to the bottom for a great prize. I loved those. ;)

The bosses were mildly impressive. The first boss, (in the lava.) and the last boss, (Molgera, with the sand.) Were definitely the better of the two. Heck, I have MP3's of Molgera's battle all over my hard drive. I'm listening to one as I type this out. :odd: It's that great. (Apparently.)

I think that the first Darknut miniboss was the best though. That was very impressive. I was like.... "Let's Get it ON! :sb: "

vegeta1215
11-11-2003, 12:17 AM
Though I wish Wind Waker were a little more difficult, it was a treat to play. The graphics, the music, the characters, all brilliant!

One of the things that made this one really fun for me was that Link can do so many more things and can interact with his surroundings so much more. Some examples:

- Rolling into a wall to make a shelf fall down which contained pots
- Being able to move back and forth while hanging from a ledge
- Being able to cut ropes which hold up bridges
- Shooting curtains with fire arrows to reveal light coming in from the windows

There are many more examples of these. Basically, I had to really think about some things because there was a different kind of challenge, despite using a engine very similar to OoT.

idontknow
11-11-2003, 12:33 AM
i really don't think there was a wide variety of enemies in the game though & also, because there were only like 5 temples and collecting the triforce pieces wasn't that difficult, i can see why & sort of agree w/ those that say that the gameplay wasn't that great--i mean, the concept of collecting the pieces was a neat idea & possibly a good attempt, but i think that perhaps instead of simply hauling out the pieces from the sea, they should have been in like different dungeons--also, the puzzles, although some made ya think, they weren't really that hard--the combats were pretty good, although few. For example, the final battle was pretty neat, but very easy--i think you should have had to hit ganon more times, especially w/ the whole reflecting zelda's arrow thing because i only had to reflect one arrow at him before he turned to stone, which is kinda stupid...if there is to be a sequel or something, i'd hope it would include a greater variety of enemies, more & tougher dungeons, better bosses (they were, i admit, way too easy) and a better ending (also, the final cutscene blew) That's my 2 cents.