PDA

View Full Version : I think I'm going crazy......

Blonde799
11-09-2003, 03:12 PM
Ok. I was playing around in ZC 182 using secret combos, and this ring appeared temporarily for no reason at all. For some reason, I had a notion to press the ctrl button. Then, this ring appeared out of nowhere, and it looked like it was pinpointing something(closed in on a random point on the screen).

Ok, just press the right ctrl button, or hold it for a second and release. This is freaky.O_O

idontknow
11-09-2003, 04:09 PM
sorry, nothing happens for mei don't see any "ring" or anything obnormal for that matter when i press the right ctrl button--is this occurring in zquest, or zeldaclassic? either way, nothing happens for me--under what conditions does this occurr? (is it when you open a certain menu, or have flags on the screen, or when you are selecting secret combos, etc.?)

Crazy_Link
11-09-2003, 10:43 PM
hmmm... do u have the mouse option where you click CTRL and it show where your mouse is by circling it?

Melonhead
11-10-2003, 04:46 AM
They say before you die...you see a ring...:scared:
In Windows XP, you can configure it so that when you press control it will show you were you cursor is with a big grey circle. I guess you could call it a ring.
*edit* Whoops, I missed Crazy_Link's post. My bad.

Blonde799
11-10-2003, 10:53 AM
Ah, there be the culprit. Thanks guys. Yes, this appears in ZQuest, and it's a bit bigger than the one in XP. I couldn't edit my post earlier.

But the thing is......I never touched such an option. And the fact that it looks so perfect in ZQuest, like it was intended to be there......but, it's so unecessary(?).

Melonhead
11-12-2003, 05:03 PM
The reason that it would be bigger in Zquest is because XP and Zelda Classic run at different resolutions.
It might supposedly be necessary, but I'm not sure what, maybe if your having a problem locating you cursor???