PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic Q

stormwatcheagle
11-09-2003, 12:43 PM
http://gear.ign.com/articles/356/356908p1.html?fromint=1

I had no idea this thing existed. It's basically a Gamecube with a DVD plaer built into it. The really cool part is you an get it modded to play DVDs reigion 1-6 and to play American and Japanese games. Only 2 problems are that it has to be imported and it costs like $400 with all the modifcations. If I knew this existed, i might have had concidered buying it.

Carmine
11-09-2003, 07:29 PM
Thats what was unique about the Q. Alot of people knew about it and alot of people didn't.

I can't really imagin the Q's up for $400 anymore. But, well I can't really imagin the Q's in production either :shrug: . It got a good review from IGN. Apparently it's a decent DVD player and all. No doubt you could get a good deal on E-bay for one. Maybe Nintendo should ship some over as a 'limited of time' deal. I imagin they would sell well with the American public and our fasination with irrelevant add-ons :sweat: .

cyberkiller6276
11-09-2003, 08:01 PM
Now, with the GC pricedrop, you can buy a GC and a DVD player for less than $400. I say if you want a frontloading GC with an LCD screen slapped on it, go ahead and waste your money

Melonhead
11-09-2003, 08:20 PM
Save your money and buy a sweet Famicon GBA off eBay.
Only made 1000 of them, and gave 'em away in Japan for a developers conference, I think...

Carmine
11-09-2003, 08:23 PM
Of course I'm not going to spend 400 on a gamecube/DVD player combo. Not even when the cube first came out. But, I did a search on E-bay, and you can get one for a mere 70 bucks, and another one for $355, but comes with like, 3 games. I know these are used, but thats pretty damn cheap if the retail price is $400. I'd probably consider purchasing one if there around $150 :shrug: .

MANDRAG GANON
11-10-2003, 01:07 AM
I knew about this Q thing, I never saw it to buy or anything though. I've known about it since the GCN first came out. THose Famicom GBA SPs are sweet, I so want one!!!!

MottZilla
11-11-2003, 03:34 PM
I don't seen that much reason in the average user wanting a Panasonic Q, as I'm sure you already have a DVD player or Xbox or PS2 to play DVDs. :O

stormwatcheagle
11-11-2003, 08:49 PM
It's for your hadcore Gamecube fans or those who like to brag, like me.

The Savior
11-12-2003, 05:25 PM
Originally posted by Carmine
Of course I'm not going to spend 400 on a gamecube/DVD player combo. Not even when the cube first came out. But, I did a search on E-bay, and you can get one for a mere 70 bucks, and another one for $355, but comes with like, 3 games. I know these are used, but thats pretty damn cheap if the retail price is $400. I'd probably consider purchasing one if there around $150 :shrug: .

The 70 dollar one is just the GBA attachment, not the entire unit.

ShadowTiger
11-12-2003, 05:28 PM
I see no point in getting one. I'm sure there are DVD players small enough to fit even more compact spaces than a Gamecube which you can lug around. If there are CD-players that can fit in your pocket, there'll be a DVD player to match. ;)

Of course, I suppose I can see the resident thrill in having a combo DVD / Gamecube. But can they do both at the same time. :shrug: