PDA

View Full Version : 'The Order of The Phoenix'

Breaker
11-07-2003, 09:06 PM
'The Order of The Phoenix', as they referred to themselves (perhaps they should have just assembled a Harry Potter support group?), has been removed from our list of hosted forums. Those that were responsible for managing (used loosely) the project took months just deciding on the incredibly corny name, let alone a definitive purpose for the forum itself.

Of course this should come as no surprise (being deadweight since its conception) that it did not grow into anything more than a medium for others to boost Glenn (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76551)'s already inflated ego with talk of "Knights", "Chivalry", and Eckels not being a God. (blasphemous!)

Speaking of trash; if you've ever seen the website affiliated with OOTP/KTC then you should have no questions regarding why it was unanimously decided by 'The Order of The Senior Administration and Administrative Supporters' for it to be removed and buried in an undisclosed location of the Nevada desert.

Eddy
11-17-2003, 04:58 AM
Nightmare!:angry:

Melonhead
11-17-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Eddy
Nightmare!:angry:
?????
What do you mean?
By the way, incase people missed it, the Convention forum has been moved to the archives. And links to the OOTP forum will take you to it, but in the archives as well. At least they did a week ago

KJAZZ
11-19-2003, 01:23 AM
Good. It's been sitting there doing nothing for a long time. Took you guys a while to remove, though. It's been useless all along. ;P

ShadowTiger
11-19-2003, 01:39 PM
I share the feeling. Having something dumped in your hands, then having to take over the resposibilities of the forum which really did nothing in the first place, isn't a good feeling. :shakeno: So thank you for removing it.

Jemsee
11-27-2003, 12:53 PM
I humbly apologize to all who had expectations for the OotP.
I truly am sorry more was not done.
It is all water under the bridge now, and I too am sort of relieved I no longer have a responsibility to it.
I think I am a better helper than a leader anyway.
The responsibility of leadership and HAVING to do something was a bit more than I was ready for.

I do want to thank any and all of the staff for at least giving me the chance. It is a lot more than other boards would have done.

I have told a few people why I stepped down and the reason for my absence.
So to let it be known to all:
My wife of 24 years has been having an affair for the last several months.
When I found out I was devastated.
I did everything I could think of to get her to stay w/ me and leave this other man (whom I still have never even met).
One of which was to curb my internet activity.
Nothing worked, she packed up and I have not even seen or heard form her for about 3 weeks.
She left me and my two sons of 15 and 17.
I filed for divorce in October.

So with all this going on the internet and AGN went way down on the list of important things in my life, and believe me I used to think about this place all the time.
Now I am hardly ever here.

So now you all know. The poor old phoenix had a short life and it does not look like it will get resurrected. As it should be I guess. As I told Breaker, I should have let it die when it was still KTC. :shrug:

Unregistered
12-11-2003, 07:49 PM
sock puppet season opens,tag and hunt with plesure,j/k

Unregistered
12-11-2003, 07:54 PM
Hess the boot licker thanks 4 sharing sock puppet random aplogees in the mirror of ideals and misunderstandings j/k

cyberkitten
12-11-2003, 08:18 PM
topic closed until the unregistered posting problem is resolved. topic will be reopened after the unregistered posters are dragged outside and shot.
thx.

Eckels
12-12-2003, 12:05 AM
this topic is closed?

cyberkitten
12-12-2003, 12:08 AM
oops....shoulda edited when i opened it back up.
however, rest assured the offending guests have been dragged out into the street and shot.
i lubu.

Eckels
12-12-2003, 12:09 AM
lubu ck

can i shoot them? I've got a gun. I wanna be the minister of population control.

Jemsee
12-12-2003, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by Eckels
lubu ck

can i shoot them? I've got a gun. I wanna be the minister of population control.

All hail to the "Minister of Population Control"!

http://super-giant.members.easyspace.com/g2g/awpxhair.jpg

Population Control the AGN way.