PDA

View Full Version : Kitty Trouble

Tsukuru
11-07-2003, 07:00 PM
I'll admit it, the only reason my cat has trouble relieving herself in her litterbox is because of my immature irresponsibility. I neglected cleaning my cat's litter for quite a few weeks. I'm not too proud of my laziness, but it's had concequences. Clothes have been ruined, stain outlines etched eternally into the carpet, and worst of all the smell just can't be exorcised from the blankets.

In light of the fact that no one is human, I've decided to right my wrong and fix this. But now, even though her litterbox is clean, my cat still does not use it. It's likely because she's use to going wherever it's convenient. Any suggestions? Does anyone else (more responsible) have cats for that matter?

Gerudo
11-07-2003, 07:18 PM
it goes like this:

if you wake up, and kick your cat every morning for liek 2 weeks, your cat is going to avoid you, end of story...

get a new litterbox and different cat litter, if that doesnt work, then you have a problem...

shame on you for neglecting such a thing, thats like the human toilet not being able to be flushed, and i cannot say ive met anyone who will take a crap in a used toilet...

Lilith
11-07-2003, 11:05 PM
Probably get a new box, a new litter, and move it to a different place...somewhere preferably really convienient. Like I know this sounds gross but when I first got my cat, I put the litter box in my room for 2 weeks before putting it into the basement, and then I slept in the basement for like a week. Never had any "accidents" by doing that.

Master Ghaleon
11-07-2003, 11:46 PM
Hey, that isnt nice to do that. You might have scared the kitty for life. I got 3 kittys and lub them very much. :tongue:

But anyways, do what the others have told ya and see if that works.

Raichu86
11-08-2003, 12:36 AM
Try putting the cat in the litter box and scratching his/her paws in it for her. That's how I trained my kittens to use the little box. If that doesn't work try moving the litter box to a different location, or try putting multiple litter boxes in the house (maybe 1 in every room that the cat can access).

Tudorcat
11-08-2003, 04:06 AM
Raichu86 s advice is a good one!

I know that it works I have one cat now , Tudor the cat and my family has had cats as long as I can remember.

Try to cut her living space to a minimum inside and have the litterbox in there with her. Maybe even two of them. Hopefully you can gfet her to change her habbits abit but it is really hard once this is disturbed like you described to us.

Have you ever tried that kind of litter that looks like salt chrystals?

Its the greatest I tell you. Find it at a pet shop at the animal hospital or vet station. Fill the box up and all you need to take away is the nr 2s every now and again but the litter stays fresh for close to a month easaly too.

Good luck

:kitty:

Crazy_Link
11-08-2003, 04:15 AM
Thats exactly what my sister did...

She never would clean the litter out or anything... and one day my father was fed up with the mess on the clothes, cat hair (from allergies), and the scent of my sisters room. And it was disgusting! So then father took the cat to the SPCA

Xyvol
11-08-2003, 05:07 AM
I haven't had a problem like that, but I did have something similar. Last Christmas I got a self cleaning cat box. When the cat goes in it triggers a sensor and something like ten minutes after the cat leaves a scoop runs through and picks up the mess. Well, my oldest cat didn't like it. It scared her everytime it went off. She eventualy stopped using it and found other places to go. I couldn't make her get used to it, because every time I'd try to get her close to it, she'd freak out. I ended up giving her to my old roommate, but she also wasn't getting along with the other cats, so it was best all around.

Eddy
11-08-2003, 05:37 AM
Don't know maybe your cat is weird!:)