PDA

View Full Version : Blank listings in the Online List.

ShadowTiger
11-07-2003, 04:26 PM
Just to be sure, when there's someone on the Online List (http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/online.php?s=), they're looking at a forum the other members cannot access, right?

In other words, it would say: "Viewing Thread "

What's the deal? Just curious.

inori
11-08-2003, 07:47 AM
Basically, yes. For example, if I go to look at a thread in Forum Staff, all you'll see for me in Who's Online is "Viewing Thread", unless you also have permission to view Forum Staff. (In that case, you'll see what thread I'm in, as usual.)

The reason for this is pretty simple... threads in there, like most threads, usually have titles that give pretty good hints as to their content. We don't necessarily want everyone to know what's being discussed in there, as that defeats the whole point of having the forum being private. Even if you can't read the thread, sometimes the title tells you all you need to know.

*b*
11-08-2003, 01:56 PM
I have a question about that. when I know somone is in the ZC Beta forums, and I look at who's online, I can't see what thread they're viewing, although I have access!

ShadowTiger
11-10-2003, 04:03 PM
And I once saw Jennifer reading a thread with no name! :eek: What's up with that? Does Jennifer have some sort of special permission to read the contest of those forums, or does Jennifer have some kind of a card or something? :confused:

Nothing against Jennifer. ;)

inori
11-11-2003, 05:02 AM
Yeah, actually, I've noticed that too. Sometimes I can't see what other people are reading, even though I know I have permission to see everything they do. Dunno why... guess you'll have to ask Shadowblazer or something. :shrug: