PDA

View Full Version : Problems with beta's?

Alacarde
11-07-2003, 11:09 AM
Whats wrong with the beta programs... anything BIG?

Knil
11-07-2003, 11:59 AM
betas are called that here mainly because we have yet to get a "complete" version with every thing we want in it (which means that just about forever we'll only have a beta. nothing is wrong with them, except a few things that you see in the menus aren't implemented yet. If you get the prog, you should also get Alpha-Dawgs tutorial here: http://www.casadealphadawg.com/zc/zqtutorial/index.html

Hope you dont mind alpha dawg

ShadowTiger
11-07-2003, 12:06 PM
For the moment, if you're using the 182 Windows version, pressing "d' crashes the entire game, but on the Dos and Windows versions of 182, the debug keys are enabled.

If you open the map twice, when it's enabled, the game will crash. I'm sure there are other bugs, just steer clear of pressing non-standard keys on the keyboard. ;)

Crazy_Link
11-07-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Britannianhero4
but on the Dos and Windows versions of 182, the debug keys are enabled.
sshh :shy:

Originally posted by BH4
If you open the map twice, when it's enabled, the game will crash.
uuggh... I hate that bug!

Foxx
11-10-2003, 09:48 AM
I think I just found out something wrong. I was playing a quest on Windows beta 182 and it just crashed, with no warning and for no reason. Two hours of progress wiped out in an eyeblink. It is not a quest that allows viewing of the overworld map, and I'm fairly sure I didn't accidentally hit the 'd' key either. If this issue has been resolved in a later beta then someone needs to release a patch NOW.

Demimore
11-12-2003, 07:31 AM
D button? Nothing happens for me when I press it.

Well, the computer will restart (!) if you look at the map, and then exits it twice.
Plus, the map does not work. If you are on a screen with a layer and look at the map, that layer will be shown EVERYWHERE on the map.

Crazy_Link
11-12-2003, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by Demimore
D button? Nothing happens for me when I press it.

I think only in zelda-w :rolleyes:

Demimore
11-13-2003, 05:43 AM
But, but .... I AM using the Windows version. The DOS version does not work in XP, at least not for me.

MottZilla
11-15-2003, 02:30 AM
The betas can have all sorts of problems. The current betas certainly have a handful of issues, but it's not like people can't get by with it and still enjoy it. There really needs to be a cleaned up beta release or full release as the current (as I remember) is pretty bad.