PDA

View Full Version : Fire Emblem

*b*
11-05-2003, 07:12 PM
I just got it, and I mean JUST. It's completley different than the Japan Version! I won't spoil anything to those that want it but don't have it yet, but almost nothing is the same than the Jap Version, bu that's not to say that there's anything to be dissapointed about :D

vegeta1215
11-05-2003, 11:22 PM
How is the game? I heard it was like Advance Wars but with swords and shields in a medieval setting.

I have many things on my video game wish list and this may be one of them if it's that good.

stormwatcheagle
11-05-2003, 11:46 PM
I dono, i hear it's actually the 7th game in the series. I don't like to start in the middle of a game series, even if the games are independant.

Saffith
11-06-2003, 12:02 AM
Well, too bad. This is the first one to be released in the US.

I've played one of the SNES games. Pretty good. Yeah, it's the same kind of thing as Advance Wars.

Melonhead
11-06-2003, 12:08 AM
Would you strongly recommend it?
Or just recommend it for people who like advance wars?

*b*
11-06-2003, 01:10 AM
I've never played Advance Wars, so I wouldn't know. But I WOULD recommend this game to those of you who like strategy games. It has the classic theme, as well as the theme from Gaiden/SSBM, the alternate theme from Hyrule Temple. it's very good, but I'd suggest renting it first if you're not sure, but I think you'll like it, after you get past the first few stages

Melonhead
11-06-2003, 01:04 PM
Sweet, I've got one of those unlimited renting passes.
I'll tell you how it goes.

Mak-X
11-06-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by stormwatcheagle
I dono, i hear it's actually the 7th game in the series. I don't like to start in the middle of a game series, even if the games are independant.

It's the prequel to the first GBA Fire Emblem, the one that starred Roy, and I understand it was made specifically with the U.S. audience in mind, and it starts a good point in the story so you can get all of it apparently.

*b*
11-06-2003, 05:22 PM
I thought so. I knew the Japaneese hero looked way too much like Roy to be Eliwood. hope they continue the FE series over here. I'm on chapter 9, and it's hard to put it down, even for AGN!

vegeta1215
11-06-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Melonhead
Sweet, I've got one of those unlimited renting passes.
I'll tell you how it goes.

Where do you rent your video games from? Blockbuster? I don't know if the one near me even carries GBA games anymore :(

Melonhead
11-06-2003, 09:39 PM
Yeah, Blockbuster.
I think its part of the chain, but independently operated.
It's kind of like how 7-11s are operated. Which reminds me of this one place in town that used to have Slurpies with cocaine in them...
Yeah, they have a huge stock of GBA games, though.

Link 101
11-07-2003, 05:43 PM
I want this game. It looked pretty cool on the commercial. I want to get it, probably for Christmas.

Master Ghaleon
11-07-2003, 11:43 PM
This games looks pretty cool. I loved Advanced Wars but didnt get to try out the 2nd one. The screen shots kinda remind me of a sega game called Shining force a lil bit. I also lub that game too.
:drool:

Originally posted by Melonhead
Which reminds me of this one place in town that used to have Slurpies with cocaine in them...

I highly doubt that, but if you say so :eyebrow:

Melonhead
11-08-2003, 01:08 AM
No, it's true. Traces of crack cocaine were discovered in the machine's filter
They were shut down a few years, but I don't know what happened to the owners.

cap2030
11-08-2003, 01:34 AM
yeah it does seem very different from japanese version I've seen.

I'm starting to get annoyed with so many tutorial missions,But I'm optimistic.

I really hope they port the other games without changing them.

Mak-X
11-08-2003, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by *b*
It's completley different than the Japan Version!

Just to be curious, when you say its not the same as the Japanese version, do you mean the 2nd GBA Fire Emblem was changed for the U.S. or that it's different from the first GBA Fire Emblem?

NCL's pages for reference

Fire Emblem (GBA)
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/afej/index.html

Fire Emblem prequel (second GBA game)http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n08/ae7j/index.html

Bah, me in my tired state, that's already been covered I think. There's the NCL websites anyways.

Melonhead
11-08-2003, 12:59 PM
Just so you guys know, this game is great.
I skipped renting it and just bought it, and am not regretting my decision.
Fire Emblem > Advance Wars

*b*
11-08-2003, 02:02 PM
good for you melonhead :p

and Mak-X, I don't have language packs installed, and I can't read Japaneese, so the first link is rather pointless. but my statement 'It's completley different than the Japan Version!' was made before I knew of a first fire emblem game for GBA. I thought we got a special version than the Japaneese. and here I was puffing out nmy chest because I thought we had one-up on Japan with their own games :p

ah well, it's still very cool. I hope they continue with this trend *hopes*