PDA

View Full Version : Hogwarts headache

Tudorcat
11-04-2003, 01:17 AM
It has been mentioned several times during the last few weeks that children are getting headaches due to reading the latest Harry Potter book non stop. :laughing:

This is a pretty amusing cooment on the above mentioned subject.

http://www.xtcian.com/arch/001604.php

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/03303/235253.stm

Has this ever happened to you, getting a headache from reading a good book nonstop, not just the harry potter ones?

:kitty:

linkofzelda1
11-04-2003, 01:23 AM
Lol. That's interesting. I didn't get a headache reading the fifth one, although it did take me almost 2 weeks to finish it.

TheGeepster
11-04-2003, 03:54 AM
I never got one either. And I went through the book pretty quickly. (2 or 3 days I think)

But it is an interesting phenomena nonetheless.

inori
11-04-2003, 05:48 AM
I can read a book of that size in a day. I never get headaches from reading, unless it's because I stay up until 5 AM due to being unwilling to put the book away. :kawaii:

Tudorcat
11-04-2003, 06:36 AM
I never get headaches from reading too long the thing that happens to me is that my eyes give up.

Letters starts looking like ants hijacking a picknick and everything in the book seems dizzy and blurred and I cant get it sharp again. Thats my signal to give up, so I can continue reading again as soon as possible.:reading:

cyberkiller6276
11-04-2003, 04:05 PM
Hell, I read the book twice nonstop when it came out. And by the time I was done, the opposite happnened. I actually felt refreshed.

Weird. I never thought anyone would get a headache. :p

deathbyhokie
11-04-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by inori
I can read a book of that size in a day. I never get headaches from reading, unless it's because I stay up until 5 AM due to being unwilling to put the book away. :kawaii:

or due to the report on the book being due in your 8am class that day.

and i've never gotten a headache form reading too much. i read quite a bit, and often read very quickly. but no headaches for me

Feasul
11-04-2003, 04:54 PM
When i read the fifth h p book i read it off and on for, like, two days and then i stayed up practically all night (until about 6 am) finishing it and then i got about 1 more hour of sleep. i didn't get any headaches, but i was plenty tired

Lilith
11-04-2003, 05:10 PM
I get headaches from reading too much, being on the computer too much and watching too much tv/playing to many videogames, so if I have to do one of those I need to take breaks to rest my eyes. I had chronic migraines (almost every day) but now that I'm on beta blockers I usually don't get them. Still, I have to watch what I do...oh yeah, and I can't play First Person Shooters at ALL, or some games with a lot of 3D graphics because it'll give me a really bad migraine if I play them for like more than 20 minutes-30 minutes, that's probably one reason why i haven't played a lot of the games that have come out lately...

Xyvol
11-04-2003, 08:37 PM
I remember it took me only two night's and the next morning to read "DragonLance Legends: Test of the Twins" beause I was so into it at the time. No headaches then. Normaly I read before bed and end up getting too tired to read very far.

phattonez
11-04-2003, 08:43 PM
Doing anything with your eyes for that long would get you a headache. This includes but is not limited too: watching tv all day (Done plenty of that), studying all night, and even no apperant reason (Used to get that every Monday). Basically, too much of a good thing can be bad.