PDA

View Full Version : I'd like to take a moment to honor Breaker...

Marche
11-03-2003, 08:47 PM
....for his hard work on this site. No, I'm not sucking up or trying to get anyone to like me, although I hope no one hates me for posting this.

See, when I first met Breaker, we didn't exactly get along that great, and we still don't, but during the 3 or so days I've been here, I've been reading the forums a lot and studying up on what different people have contributed because I'd like to know the place which I will hopefully be welcomed to and be able to call "home."

What I've found is that despite what others may think, Breaker is a great asset to this site. I noticed that he was a Senior Moderator and I read about what all they do in the New Members Forum, and I've learned that he has a lot of responsibilities and he's been doing a good job of keeping the troublemakers off the site.

I imagine there's a lot of stress involved, as I can see a Sr. Mod being expected to perform at an elite level, and maybe it just gets to him and puts him in a crabby mood. It's probably because he works too hard, and that's a good thing, though it might be wise for him to take a break every now and then.

The reason I say this is because luckily I'm a rather calm, forgiving, and understanding person, so I haven't been scared off by how Breaker has treated me, but I'm afraid that others would be, and that isn't good for the community.

Kryten told me that it's veterans who make AGN what it is, not newer members like myself. I tend to disagree because all veterans were once newbies like myself. He said I hadn't contributed anything, but what do you expect after being here only 3 days? I've made a few posts and made some friends, and I see that as a contribution, yes, a small one, but they add up.

In closing I'd like to honor all of the other staff members I've yet to meet (and hopefully I can meet and befriend them all) for the work they've done.

Kirby of Doom
11-03-2003, 09:09 PM
Finally, a new member who isn't complaining about Breaker. He's tough and sometimes sarcastic but that's just his way of doing his job. Some people need to be yelled at. You seem to be mature (not to mention your post makes sense ;) ) and I don't think I welcomed you to AGN, so I do so now. :)

Marche
11-03-2003, 09:12 PM
Would it be considered spam if I were to give a quick thank you for your consideration, Kirby?

Kirby of Doom
11-03-2003, 09:14 PM
No, thank yous are most welcome. And thanks for your thanks. :)

obi
11-03-2003, 09:27 PM
I'ed also like to take a moment to honour my ass, it has gotten me through many a rough time... oh wait, shit, thats not what your talking about it is ? :rolleyes:

You know I lub you really Breaker :P

J.J. Maxx
11-03-2003, 09:34 PM
http://smilies.crowd9.com/cwm/cwm/eek3.gif

fatcatfan
11-03-2003, 09:48 PM
/me begins checking database for matches

Crazy_Link
11-03-2003, 10:17 PM
:clap:

Very nice speech, I agree ;)

Though I dont mess with Breaker, so Breaker doesn't mess wit me... I havent even really talked to Breaker over forums, chat (only been to chat once :shy: ) or anywhere else.

Originally posted by Marche
Kryten told me that it's veterans who make AGN what it is, not newer members like myself. I tend to disagree because all veterans were once newbies like myself.

It is though, because as you progress thru all of the ranks till you get to a veteran or seasoned veteran, you should already know all about the board, the rules, and utta stuff...

One thing I would like to learn is Breaker's history...

Was he a dorky n00b just like all of us had started out? (ok, mabye most)

When did he jump to a Sen. Mod?

Was he a regular Mod?

Im curious...

Tygore
11-03-2003, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by J.J. Maxx
http://smilies.crowd9.com/cwm/cwm/eek3.gif

Yeah, I'd say that sums it up nicely.

Breaker's like a mean cop. Sure, he may seem harsh, but don't break the law, and you still have nothing to worry about.

linkofzelda1
11-03-2003, 10:45 PM
Breaker's a cool guy. He can be hard to get along with, but he does a good job at keeping the retards out.

Ich
11-03-2003, 10:53 PM
I thank Daark. He put me in my place when I joined.

TheGeepster
11-03-2003, 11:16 PM
My, my. A thread about Breaker and not a single fight has broken out? *checks temperature in hell*

I agree with you Marche. Breaker doesn't really get enough credit for what he does here. Yeah he does have a very rough personality, and it makes him an easy target for jabs from various members (many of them friendly, and many less than friendly), but he does do a lot around here, more than I'm probably aware of.

So cheers to Breaker. "For he's a jolly good fellow..."

Breaker
11-03-2003, 11:33 PM
All is well, until Breaker finds out that our friend Marche here has been responsible for the proxy flooding on our chat server for the past week and has used Mitsukara to bait his way into our forums and chat under an alternate alias. Banned.

fatcatfan
11-05-2003, 02:06 AM
Just an interesting observation here. The infamous Glenn the Great we know hails from somewhere in Georgia, presumably the Atlanta area since he began college. Marche's IP just happens to resolve to Atlanta. Then you look at these two threads:

http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76481
http://www.armageddongames.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=76469

and you quickly see that Marche has the same attitudes as Glenn. I probably recognize those attitudes as well as anybody because I've had the same discussion with him at least half a dozen times around here before he was banned. Most everyone is familiar with his "I am God"/"My authority" thread insanity, some echoes of which you can see in the above threads, but fewer participated in his religious "debates" and would recognize those similarities.

Anyway, there seems little point in my mentioning it other than that we should be vigilant because as much as he hates us, Glenn just can't seem to stay away from someplace he knows he isn't welcome. He's likely to keep trying.