PDA

View Full Version : PS2 media playing question

Blonde799
11-03-2003, 06:37 PM
Ok, I have no clue as to what kind of discs/movie files/whatever are capable of being played on your PS2(yes, I know DVDs are, but I don't know if specific ones are, burned ones, VCDsstuff like that).

Does know of them, or a site that displays it? I really don't have the kind of money to buy a good DVD player(or the room), plus all the wires my room already has going through it.:laughing:

Daarkseid
11-03-2003, 07:57 PM
http://www.dvdrhelp.com/

You may be able to find info on what formats the PS2 handles.. I know this site actually has an extensive list of models of DVD players and which kinds of recordable media run on them, including individual brands of recordable media. I vaguely recall a listing on there for the PS2, but then again that was over a year ago, and they've released newer models of PS2 since then.

One thing I know for sure is that the PS2 does not have the software to play VCDs. And then recordable DVD support varies depending on the PS2's model.. I've heard that a model SCPH-30001 will not read recordable DVDs at all. I'm not certain which models support what, so it would be worth it to check that site above.

Blonde799
11-03-2003, 08:10 PM
Thanks Daark, that's what I was looking for.:)