PDA

View Full Version : Meps On Thursday!!!

Brasel
11-03-2003, 01:11 PM
You read right folks! I'm going to MEPs on Thursday! I have lost the wieght I needed to lose, and my body fat percentage is just at 24%. I need to lose just a bit more over the course of the next couple of days and I'll be gone! I'm not sure if I'm leaving right away or not yet for basic, but I'll let everyone know come Thursday evening.

mikeron
11-03-2003, 01:38 PM
Perhaps you could tell us what the fuck MEPs is. ;)

(Marine Entry Programs...?)

deathbyhokie
11-03-2003, 02:42 PM
military entry programs?
making enemas profitable?
massive ego proliferation?

TheGeepster
11-03-2003, 03:32 PM
I'm guessing that it's the entry physical for military newbies.

My problem would be endurance and cardiovascular.

linkofzelda1
11-03-2003, 08:50 PM
Well, whatever it is, good luck :D

Brasel
11-03-2003, 10:09 PM
Haha, yeah, I forgot that not everyone knows what it is. Yeah, its where they test your physical state to see if you are able to get into basic training. They also set you up with your job, basic training date and location, your AIT (advanced individual training) location, and where you'll first be stationed.

Mitsukara
11-03-2003, 10:33 PM
Well... good luck with that. Personally, I'd be killed if I were ever in the miliatary, if not in a dangerous situation of some sort then by the other people in my unit or whatever (I'm 143 pounds, in moderately crappy health, have very weak muscles, and to top that off, there's my gender issues, and the fact that I'm something of a wuss in general... yes, they would kill me very quickly...), and I would also not want to be in the miliatary for other reasons anyway. I mean, I wouldn't be able to bring myself to kill people (heck, I'm about an inch short of being a hippie), I'm clumsy and indiscreet, so I would do terrible in any sort of battle situation; I know almost zero about any technology, so I doubt I could function in any sort of moter pool without some severe training... and so on.

But hey, if it's what you really want to do, and you're strong enough and willing enough to handle it, then all the more power to you, I guess... like I said, good luck. :)

Sorry if I sound negative as heck:P

cyberkiller6276
11-03-2003, 11:01 PM
My father says the Military, especially training, is a bitch.(although that could've changed since when my father went) So, I say best of luck and we'll be praying for you.