PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy XI!!

Brasel
11-03-2003, 09:42 AM
This is the first MMORPG I've ever played, and I thought it was alright the first day I played it, but I played it tonight, and WOW! This game is outstanding! I met up with some really cool people and fought alongside them all night long. It was really awsome. I didn't gain too much in the way of levels while we were a party, but it was more fun than I've EVER had with an online game to date.

I highly recommend anyone to this game...that is, if your computer is fast enough, or you want to spend all the money and time getting your PS2 online.

My character's name is Dash, and I'm on the Sylph server, so anyone who gets it and is randomly placed on my server, we'll join up. ;)

cap2030
11-03-2003, 10:45 AM
I think I'm on the Garuda server or something like that.

This game is cool. I love crafting and the economic system in this game.
The auction house is best Idea ever for an MMO.

deathofspam
11-03-2003, 11:54 AM
If anyone ends up on quetzacoutal, look up Athos. I wish the world passes let you transfer over your current character. It would be cool to set up all of the AGN players on one sever

stormwatcheagle
11-03-2003, 05:11 PM
You know, there's a trick you can use to get onto the server of your choice...

*b*
11-03-2003, 05:25 PM
I want this game really bad! but what's it like in terms of graphics? I know they're 3D, but what kind are they? Cel-Shaded?

and where can I pick this up?

AtmaWeapon
11-03-2003, 06:26 PM
If whether it is cel-shaded or not is influencing your decision, you are playing games for all the wrong reasons.

Why not base your decision on something that has to do with whether the game is fun or not?

Like the world passes. If there is to be an AGN clan/guild or whatnot, everyone who wants to join must work hard to level up on their randomly generated server, buy a world pass, then work hard to level up because they had to throw away their old character.

Or maybe you're like me and you don't like the idea of shelling out cash multiple times in a row for a game. Yeah, it costs money to run a server blah blah blah. I can play Quake III for free. OK, so that doesn't require the centralized location and controls necessary to prevent cheating. Can anyone say Battle.net? It's free. It's centralized. You pay once for Starcraft, you play online forever.

I love MMORPGs, but I don't have the time to devote to them. I also don't have the cash.

cyberkiller6276
11-03-2003, 06:30 PM
What kind of capbilities do you have to have in terms of PC hardware? Do you really need a high end graphics card? I have a pretty good one, but I''m not sure if it will support a new game. And also, how much hard dirve space does it take up? I'm really short on it right now.

njptoo86
11-03-2003, 08:02 PM
i know that it takes up 6 gigs

linkofzelda1
11-03-2003, 09:00 PM
How much is it monthly? I might get it if it's not too expensive.

deathofspam
11-03-2003, 10:56 PM
13 bucks a month. As with most MMOs the first month is free

cyberkiller6276
11-03-2003, 11:52 PM
Ugh...6 gigs. Time to shop for another hard drive...This will be my third....

$13 isn't so bad. It's average for online gaming

Ian
11-04-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by njptoo86
i know that it takes up 6 gigs

I have 4 gigs on this computer, total, and only 1.5 left. I'm gonna need a bigger Hardrive.

Dr4g0n0FCh40s
11-05-2003, 05:37 AM
Only 4? I got 74 total... Although this computer is new so.

teddyboy420
11-07-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by AtmaWeapon

Or maybe you're like me and you don't like the idea of shelling out cash multiple times in a row for a game. Yeah, it costs money to run a server blah blah blah. I can play Quake III for free. OK, so that doesn't require the centralized location and controls necessary to prevent cheating. Can anyone say Battle.net? It's free. It's centralized. You pay once for Starcraft, you play online forever.

I love MMORPGs, but I don't have the time to devote to them. I also don't have the cash.

Personally, I have absolutley no problem paying for a game multiple times if it stays fun. I mean really, think about it, you pay 40-50 bucks for a console cart and you are lucky if you get a solid 30 hours of fun play time. But with an online, or a MMO game, you pay 10-15 dollars a month and if you play it for 5 months, you will probably have racked up about 5 times the play time of an average $50 console cart. To me, that is WELL worth it. And services such as bnet are fine for games like RTS's or something like that, but in a world like FFXI, or WoW, or even EQ, it just isn't a viable option to have something like bnet. These types of games need security, balance and a large staff to keep them going. Like I said, if the game has plenty of content to keep me interested and playing for hundreds of hours, it's money well spent. After playing MMO's, I really don't want to pay 50 bucks for a game that will be done in 20-30 hours when I can spend the same amount of money, and play for 500 hours.

I haven't picked up FFXI, but I am a huge fan of MMO's and this does look fresh and interesting. I will pick it up as soon as I can afford it, once I'm on I'll look you guys up and we can take over the world ;)

Eddy
11-09-2003, 04:22 AM
Final Fantasy is an awesome game.:)

deathofspam
11-13-2003, 12:27 AM
Anyone else having trouble getting onto the playonline server?

Edit: never mind. right after posting this, it worked fine

deathofspam
11-15-2003, 10:45 PM
*please delete*