PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life 2

Marche
11-03-2003, 02:31 AM
As an avid fan of anything Half-Life, I must say that I am eagerly anticipating the release of this game. It was supposed to come out Sept. 30th but got pushed back. Now they're saying it's going to come out around Thanksgiving or Christmas. I'm putting my money on Thanksgiving.

This game is going to be great. You're Gordon Freeman again, and you work for the mysterious G-Man. You're dropped off in a European city named City 17, which is full of aliens, and there are several factions fighting. Some of them are human, some are alien, and others are aliens fighting for their freedom (those alien slaves who fire electricity at you). It's going to be so cool if you can team up with an alien and have him shocking your foes.

There's also a new physics engine in which all objects are made out of "materials" like wood or metal, and when you hit an object, or cause an object to slide or hit a wall, you'll hear an appropriate sound.

You can read more about this on various Half-Life sites. I'd better go check and see if any new information is available about the release date.

Bloodstar64
11-03-2003, 04:16 AM
Damn now that I think about it... I do have a new computer so if it does get release before xmas then I can get it as a gift.....I've been waiting for HL2, Doom 3, and Halo 2 for a lonng time.

El Oso Verde
11-03-2003, 02:06 PM
Actually, last I heard it was pushed back to next April.

The Savior
11-03-2003, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by El Oso Verde
Actually, last I heard it was pushed back to next April.

DING DING DING! We have a winner!

Marche
11-03-2003, 06:37 PM
Oh no! You guys are right. Apparantly the theft of the game's source code has caused Valve to need to reprogram parts of the game. Well, I've got enough games to last me until next April. My friend gave me 10 Dreamcast games and I just recently bought Morrowind and Bloodmoon.