PDA

View Full Version : Do you like large crowds?

ShadowTiger
10-29-2003, 01:11 PM
Do you like large crowds? I would assume otherwise, else we would all be in the park, rather than on a forum. :eyebrow:

Mitsukara
10-29-2003, 03:46 PM
I don't really like being in a large crowd that much... I know it's probably paranoid, but I'm always afraid the other people can do things without anyone else noticing... someone could cover your mouth and stab you under your clothes or something (where it's harder to see), and it might not get noticed. That's just an example, though... if I were a girl (actually, I still am afraid of that, there's plenty of homosexual people out there who also happen to be perverts), I'd be afraid of sexual harassment... someone could reach up inside your clothes, or grab your ass or something... I don't know how often those things really occur, but I'd rather not give them an opprotunity. So I tend to avoid crowds... but if I were near a crowd, just not in it, and didn't think it was possible for them to do anything that might affect me, I'd be fine. I'm mostly just afraid that something will happen to me (and the same goes for anyone I know who might be in such a situation).

But like I said, I'm probably paranoid. *shrugs*

Starkist
10-29-2003, 03:51 PM
I don't like large crowds. I like going to the airport in the early morning when it is empty. I like being able to breathe, to see what is around me, without getting pushed or herded in one direction or another.

*b*
10-29-2003, 04:02 PM
I like crowds for various reasons. I don't like, however, when they're really loud. then they just get on my nerves

moocow
10-29-2003, 04:16 PM
I don't mind large crowds when I'm at a club and going dancing or something... but if it's for anything else, then I really don't like large crowds.

slothman
10-29-2003, 04:18 PM
I don't dislike them I just don't want to be right next to lots of people.

Rainman
10-29-2003, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Jennifer
But like I said, I'm probably paranoid. *shrugs*

Wow, yes extremely paranoid. Those things happen very rarely. I woudn't worry about it.

I'm wouldn't say that I "thrive" in large crowds, but if the time arises that I need to enter one, I have no qualms about it.

ShadowTiger
10-29-2003, 05:09 PM
I chose the 2nd from the bottom. I can STAND crowds, I just don't .. last well in them. I would sooner stand by myself, arms crossed, than be at the pushy mercy of the relentless, cold and uncaring crowd of people.

When people come together and become one, their feelings are all lost, unless someone screams for a dead body or explosion. Somehow, it's hard to tell the difference between a "HI HOW ARE YOU JESSICA" scream, than a "AAH! JESSICA'S DEAD!" scream. Yet, the crowd knows. :eyebrow: What is F*cking wrong with people. :disgust:

Lilith
10-29-2003, 06:10 PM
Despite popular belief I actually enjoy being in large crowds, watching all the different people, feeling sort of a part of something but still anonymous. I love the invisibility. I like being in crowds in cities, at concerts, etc. However I also love being alone and there are certain places crowds piss me off...museums, libraries, my house :P

Gerudo
10-29-2003, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by slothman
I don't dislike them I just don't want to be right next to lots of people. yup, thats what im sayin...

workign at a hotel, i get paranoid when a large group of peopel come in... because they all talk at the same time and your rushing to serve them all... its annoying...

Master Ghaleon
10-29-2003, 09:52 PM
I like decent seized crowds that you can talk to everyone instead of people trying to trample you to get to talk to the other person.

Pablo
10-29-2003, 10:12 PM
Can't stand crowds. Unfortunately, I'm in high school, so I've learned to deal with 'em.

inori
10-30-2003, 06:53 AM
Nope, I don't particularly like people. And a crowd's IQ is inversely proportional to its size.

ShadowTiger
10-30-2003, 08:43 AM
:laughing: Well put. ;)

I can stand crowds, because I'm a crowd weaver. I think of people as spiky cylanders, and I use them as my own personal training ground to weave between them to get to the head of the line. I don't care, because they're ALL Talking on their cell phone or punching some freshman.

Jigglysaint
10-30-2003, 11:53 AM
I'm not a big crowd person, and I do weave in and out of people, even with my size(quite agile for a big guy, more like a football player). I prefer to be alone, but I do enjoy large class settings. What I really can't stand is small groups. Funny, but it's true. When I'm in a small group, I notice that nobody pays attention to me and I feel like a 5th wheel, yet in a big class I can usually speak up and speak my mind.

Still, I prefer to be alone.

Raichu86
10-30-2003, 01:31 PM
I hate being around other people.

cyberkitten
10-30-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by inori
Nope, I don't particularly like people. And a crowd's IQ is inversely proportional to its size.

exactly. inori, i lub j00 man ;)

Mitsukara
10-30-2003, 02:11 PM
Rereading my earlier post, I feel like I was kinda unclear... I don't really mind being around people that much... it's just the fewer there are and the safer I know I am, the better I am with it. I'm always afraid of what might go wrong, of even a small possibility that anything really serious could happen... but really, if I knew it were completely safe, I wouldn't really mind crowds at all. And I don't really mind being out in public that much, so long as I know no one's going to attack me or anything... but the greater the chance for something to go wrong, the more afraid and paranoid I am, and what better chance for that than in a huge number of people, where it's hard to see anything?

For that matter, there's also the physical screwups to consider... someone could have a contagious virus in the crowd, and not even know it. And what better place to spread something than around dozens/hundreds of other people? You might have one person with, say, a progressive deadly stomach virus, and then you get them in a crowd, and 30 people catch it. I know it sucks, but as long as things like this can happen I personally think it's extremely important to be prudent when dealing with any possibility for such things.

Were the world a bit different, I wouldn't mind crowds at all... it's just that I'm always afraid something can go wrong. Heck, I like people, unless they're assholes or something... but you never know. *shrugs*